Our Fort St John office has positions available for seasonal Archaeologists to participate in archaeological fieldwork.
Primary Responsibility - to assist Archaeological Field Directors in conducting archaeological field work, including but not limited to:
- Active participation in archaeological field assessments;
- Adhering to ARCHER CRM Partnership’s OH&S and Quality Assurance programs;
- Acquiring field experience and knowledge from senior staff with the intention of taking on further responsibilities within the organization;
- Upon demonstrated ability, assist Field Director(s) with any/all fieldwork tasks and responsibilities;
- May involve frequent travel to other ARCHER CRM Partnership offices and job sites.
Preference given to those with the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrated ability to take effective field notes;
- Demonstrated ability to navigate;
- Field experience (field school, co-op term, field assistant);
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and in a team environment;
- Basic understanding of lithic technology, GPS terminology and mapping techniques;
- Safe operation of 4X4 vehicles, ATV, snowmobiles, and other devices;
- Experienced with computers as it relates to MS Office software (Word, Excel, Access);
- Awareness of applicable government regulations and map production protocols;
- Preference will be given to Fort St John applicants that meet the qualifications of the North Focus program .
- Valid Class 5 Driver Licence;
- Canadian Citizen;
- Consistent availability to work away from home office at remote job sites and offices
- Undergraduate degree in Archaeology/Anthropology/Earth Sciences;
- Candidates not willing to relocate to a close proximity to one of our offices may still be considered if they are willing to cover all travel and accommodation costs directly related to their remote location.
- First Aid Level 1 and Transportation Endorsement;
- H2S, WHMIS, TDG;
- ATV Rider Safety & Snow Pro;
- Bear Aware.
- Wage commensurate with demonstrated experience.
No telephone inquiries. References must be submitted with CV.
Questions & expressions of interest are to be forwarded to jobs at (@) archercrm (dot) ca , or by fax to 1.250.261.5474.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- field archaeology: 1 year (Preferred)