Join our Little Medical School Team!
Be a Little Medical School Instructor!
- Are you passionate about health and science?
- Do you love working with children and presenting concepts in a fun and creative way?
- Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life by inspiring him/her to pursue careers in the healthcare field?
- Do you want to be part of Alberta’s only child enrichment company focused on the field of health?
- Do you have a reliable transportation?
Get paid to lead interactive health and medicine related classes and activities for kids ages 5-14 this spring and summer.
We are looking for motivated instructors to lead our after school programs and/or summer camps featuring interactive demonstrations, crafts and games, which will teach kids how the body and organs work, know the instruments that real doctors use, apply first aid procedures, tie knots like real surgeons and much more!
- Medical background is not necessary
- Preference for science (biology, chemistry), nursing, veterinary, pharmacy, dental and medical students, students in education courses, international medical school graduates (IMG), and international educated nurses (IEN)
- Previous experience working with children and teaching is preferred
- Previous work experience as a recreation assistant and summer camp leader an asset
- Will be required to have a current and clear Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and Standard First Aid certificate
- Must have a reliable transportation and a Class 5 driver’s license
- Must always be prompt and on-time at scheduled classes
- Can work independently leading a class of about 15 students
- Possess an energetic and outgoing attitude
- Must be eloquent, have excellent presentation and speaking skills
- Available for certain weekday afternoons in April – June 2023 for after school programs and/or available for mornings or afternoons for some assigned weeks for summer camps in July to August 2023
A Little Medical School Summer Camp Instructor is responsible for the supervision and management of the day camp while supporting Little Medical School® goals and outcomes. The instructor carries out the daily program and activities, promotes childhood creativity and fun, and ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children.
- Undergo training following Little Medical School’s orientation and principles
- Independently teach the classes and facilitate the after school programs and/or summer camps following assigned Little Medical School’s curriculums
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment for the kids
- Create a welcoming and youth friendly classroom space
- Provide a positive interaction with students with an emphasis on health and science
- Pick up and return supplies to the LMS coordinator, maintain and clean teaching materials
- Participate in marketing events and activities
- Must be able to supervise volunteers and provide support
- Must have reliable transportation
- Competitive hourly pay
- Hours worked will vary depending on the number of classes/camps taught
- Little Medical School staff recognition
Do you feel that you would be a good fit for Little Medical School? If so, submit a cover letter with your resume and put Summer Camp on the subject line. We will be in contact with you shortly!
Visit www.littlemedicalschool.com/calgary to know more.
Job Type: Casual
Job Type: Casual
- Do you have a valid Class 5 Driver's License and a reliable transportation?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- working with children: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: On the road