Job title :
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES, SENIOR ASSISTANT
ROCKY MOUNTAIN LODGE
Rocky Mountain Lodge is looking for a casual Administrative Services, Senior Assistant - if you hold an Office Administration certificate, plus Three (3) years related administrative experience (within last 6 years), a current 5 minute typing TEST 40 wpm or greater and a current valid BC Driver’s License....Apply today!
This position provides confidential administrative support and secretarial functions to senior staff. Duties may include:
Hours of work:
- Performs confidential secretarial and reception duties for senior staff;
- Maintains data management software programs;
- Supporting senior staff with agency contracts: types, revises, edits and reformats contract documents; tracks contracts and documents; arranges payment, management of contracts;
- Arranges and participates in meetings and working groups,
- Assists in the recruitment, selection and orientation of staff;
- Monitors expenditures;
- Receives, records, checks, balances cash transactions, maintains petty cash and bank deposits;
- Coordinates office/workspace moves;
- May deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
Monday to Friday - 08:30 to 16:30 hours, with possible weekends.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12
- A Certificate from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
- Three (3) years related administrative experience (WITHIN THE LAST 6 YEARS); Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of a 5 minute typing test at 40 wpm dated within the past 24 months and must be issued from a recognized institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Current valid BC Driver’s License
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in relevant computer applications.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to supervise in an effective manner.
- Ability to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to deal with others in a professional manner using tact and good judgment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and ability to operate related office equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Business writing skills.
- Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/Diplomas &/or Transcripts that prove you can meet our Education and Skills & Abilities REQUIREMENT. Upload a 5 minute TYPING TEST (min. 40 wpm within the PAST 24 MONTHS) from a recognized institution. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from an accredited College/UniversitY.*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.