Job title :
CORPORATE DIRECTOR, CEO OFFICE AND STRATEGIC PROJECTS
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health is looking for a Corporate Director, CEO Office and Strategic Projects to join our Corporate team in Kelowna, B.C. If you have substantial knowledge of the BC Healthcare system and extensive experience leading a complex environment, this is the position for you!
About the Role:
The Corporate Director, CEO Office and Strategic Projects is responsible for supporting the CEO in coordinating and managing key organizational accountabilities of the office, as well as providing senior level project management and leadership.
A a primary contact and liaison, the Corporate Director acts on behalf of the CEO for maintaining critical linkages with key stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, other Health Authorities, Aboriginal partners, and communities. The Corporate Director leads the analysis of complex, multifaceted issues, engaging the Senior Executive Team (SET) as well as other key internal and external stakeholders in development and communicating recommendations. Ensuring timely and appropriate responses to emerging issues, the Corporate Director coordinates executive level messaging, and facilitates CEO and Board engagement initiatives. The Corporate Director will also lead the planning and implementation of complex projects and initiatives of a strategic nature that support priorities identified by the CEO, IH Board and/or government directives.
This exciting position will also support and sustain Interior Health (IH) as a high performing organization by contributing to excellent organizational performance and customer service.
Some Key Duties may include:
- Leads and oversees specific organizational projects and initiatives pertaining to IH strategic, operational and corporate priorities, and in support of CEO activities related to key strategies, initiatives, and organizational planning.
- Collaborates in the planning, coordination, integration and implementation of IH-wide initiatives across SET portfolios. Proposes short and long-term strategic plans that support and enhance these initiatives, as well as any Ministry requirements or initiatives. Tracks and reports on progress of operational and strategic plans as well as individual VP work plans.
- Develops and/or implements methodologies to monitor and report progress of initiatives and projects. Develops and deploys mechanisms for monitoring and measuring performance and progress in achieving successful outcomes of various initiatives and projects.
- Leads to resolve complex issues such as large scale communication barriers that hamper organizational effectiveness, whilst ensuring linkages between and among the CEO’s office, SET members and their portfolios are enhanced.
- Prepares key reports, such as briefing materials, for a variety of stakeholders including the Board, Ministry and Senior Executive Team, to support selected organizational initiatives and to ensure timely and effective decision making.
- Represents IH on behalf of the CEO at a variety of internal and external committees and forums.
- Effectively manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including varying boards, councils, governing bodies, agencies, physician and clinical leaders, in order to support and advance IH goals and objectives.
- Facilitates and negotiates agreements and letters of understanding on behalf of IH relating to corporate initiatives; coordinates related communications.
- In collaboration with the Director, Public Relations & Engagement, ensures the development and effective execution of stakeholder engagement strategies and project progress reports, and identifies and arranges speaking and publication opportunities for the CEO.
- Participates with other key stakeholders to ensure timely completion of business cases, operational reviews, needs assessments, and environmental scans.
- Oversees the appropriate flow and contact of information to and from the CEO.
- Champions an environment that supports decision-making, accountability, and linkages at all levels in the organization.
- Develops effective policies and procedures for the President and CEO’s office to promote the efficiency of internal processes, the image of the organization, and the attainment of office goals. Plans and delivers other strategic administrative services to the CEO as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Together, we create great workplaces. Apply today!
- Master’s degree in Health, Business Administration, or a relevant field.
- More than fifteen years of experience in a large, complex environment in progressively more responsible leadership/administration roles, including experience in project management, research, policy development, and issues management.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of the BC health sector preferred.
Demonstrates all LEADS Capabilities, in particular:
- Leads Self – self-awareness, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – fosters the development of others, communicates effectively, builds effective teams
- Achieves Results – sets direction, strategically aligns decisions with vision, values & evidence
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnerships & networks to create results, navigates socio-political environments
- System Transformation – demonstrates systems/critical thinking, strategically oriented to the future, champions & orchestrates change
Skills and Abilities
- Substantial knowledge of the BC healthcare system, including operations and administration in the acute, residential, and community settings.
- Broad knowledge of administrative practices and reporting requirements in the public sector.
- Ability to engage multiple internal and external stakeholders in developing creativity and innovation to respond to emerging issues.
- Ability to analyze complex, multifaceted issues and report on findings and recommendations.
- Effective leadership, communication, interpersonal, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lead projects and direct and oversee staff.
- Ability to make formal presentations to various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize, set, and accomplish objectives and goals in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet, and database computer applications effectively.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.