We are looking for a legal assistant / receptionist to join the Bow River Law team in downtown Calgary, AB!
We are a civil litigation firm, specializing in employment law and human rights. This is a great place to work with a fairly small team. The successful candidate would be joining a team of 2 other legal assistants.
The role is intended to be split about 50/50 between reception duties and legal assistant duties. The role is perfect for a relatively junior legal assistant looking to get more experience and get a foot in the door in a great work atmosphere.
The job qualifications are:
- legal assistant diploma
- 1+ years of experience as a legal assistant in a litigation atmosphere in Alberta is an asset, but there will be on the job training
- experience in employment law or human rights is an asset, but not a minimum qualification
The job duties are:
- answering phones
- handling client intake duties, including asking clients questions and gathering documentation
- drafting and sending correspondence for approval by lawyers
- some pleadings drafting, such as Affidavits of Records
- diarizing files
- opening and closing files
- creating invoices, cheques, etc. and sending them out
- other general legal assistant and administrative duties
How to Apply
Please check out our firm's webpage and see if this is a place you are interested in working!
Please send coverletters and resume's either through Indeed or to our direct email addresses located on our website.
Joel Fairbrother and Sarah Coderre
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $49,000.00-$54,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2P 0M2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-09