As a junior tech support, web admin, and junior graphic design wizard, you have fluency in tech support, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, website administration, print/offline ad design, and an overall tech savvy that would leave your Grandma in the dust!
You love fast-paced, diverse tasks that involve bringing your full complement of digital skills to bear at a moment's notice. As you assist with the design or customization of print or online ads; edit video footage in Premiere Pro; help update/edit/develop our WordPress platform; make tweaks and modifications to our curriculum using Adobe Acrobat; provide tech support to our Head Office team or, remotely, to our 35 "tutoring centre" franchisees across Canada - you'll be swimming in 1s and 0s all day and have no doubt that the year is 2019!
If you're comfortable wearing many hats and want to join a small, fast-paced, dynamic Head Office team - where the whole fleet tackles diverse tasks, large and small, pedestrian and profound, every day, as we develop and launch new initiatives, products, and tools for our 35 tutoring centres across Canada and assist and support them, operationally, with their day-to-day needs (advertising customizations, website updates et al.) - then this might be an opportunity for you.
If you are NOT addicted to learning and creatively growing every week, and if you prefer slow-paced, boring environments that dull the mind and soul, and TGIF is your M.O., then this is definitely NOT for you.
If professional growth and self-development are what drive you, let's chat.
5 important caveats borne out of frustration w/ failed candidates (you would think some of these things are implicit and tautological, and that the enclosed requests are reasonable for anyone serious about securing a new position, but these 5 points have led to stumbling blocks over and over again, amazingly!):
1. You must be willing to work on-site in Richmond Hill, at our Head Office: 110 West Beaver Creek Rd., Unit 1 Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1J9
2. You must call this number - 1-800-849-7202 - and briefly introduce yourself and why you believe you are an appropriate candidate for this position. You can call 24/7 - this is an automated "voice mail" system. You can leave your v-mail introducing yourself. This comes directly to me via email. If you are cut off, call again and continue the same v-mail. I will receive them all.
3. You must complete the Myers Briggs and send us your type - takes around 7 minutes to complete. It's not a test. There are no right or wrong answers. We always 'type' members of our team to optimize team dynamics: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
4. Please read the description thoroughly. If you're a "designer" or a "coder" and that's all you want to do, then this isn't the appropriate position for you. Please do not apply, stating you're comfortable doing all of the diverse things described above, only to meet our interview team in person and then state that you just want to "design."
5. If you are going to try to "fit us into your busy schedule" and consult your calendar for when it's convenient for "you", please remember that "you" are applying for a job - we're not applying for you. If that's your mentality, I strongly encourage you to start your own company : -).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- design/web admin/tech support: 2 years (Preferred)