Cosmaceutical Research Lab, Inc is a contract manufacturer and packager of over the counter pharmaceutical products and beauty products. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive and innovative outsourcing services that exceed the uncompromising demands of the global pharmaceutical industry.
Product Development supports all activities required to develop, optimize and scale-up a stable semi-solid (cream, lotion, ointment, gel) / liquid (topical, oral, sub-lingual, nasal spray, suspensions), powder formulations to make it suitable for commercial production. Formulation Scientist will be responsible for the execution of pre-formulation, formulation experiments; assisting in product scale-up, developmental stability testing and documents preparation for commercial batching.
- Design and conduct experiments in the formulation of NDA/generic OTC products in topically or orally administered dosage forms, both liquid, powder and semi-solids, as per Quality by Design (QbD) design. Bring prototype formulations to scale up batches.
- Evaluate projects, initiate literature and patent search, plan experiments to develop products and conduct pre-formulation experiments leading to sound formulation and process development. Assess technical feasibility of project for commercialization.
- Design strategies to resolve formulation problems/ developing innovative solutions and ideas.
- Trouble shoot and collaborate with other scientists on the bench to problem solve and evaluate formulation projects and processes. Work to optimize processes and timelines.
- Review compilation, evaluation, interpretation and reporting of experimental results to ensure objectives of each project are met. Apply sound scientific analysis and ethical evaluation to data and conclusions.
- Apply scientific principles and technological advances in designing formulation/process by selecting optimum equipment, materials and tools available in the industry for product development projects. Provide input to equipment selection for product commercialization.
- Coordinate timelines and negotiate resource management with other colleagues in formulation and analytical to ensure timely project completion and efficiencies that reduce waste and achieve maximum cost containment.
- Promote and maintain safe and healthy working conditions in his/her assigned work area; instruct and enforce compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; ensure assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner.
- Stay current with scientific advances and new Health Canada & FDA guidelines for product development/formulations. Participate in scientific meetings, publications and presentation as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree (Masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences or related scientific discipline with minimum 5 years of working experience with formulation/process development liquids, powders & semi-solid products.
- Knowledge of hydrocolloids and surfactant chemistry and their use in semi-solid products.
- Direct and recent bench experience in design and execution of formulation experiments.
- Fundamentals and scientific knowledge of creams, lotions, ointments, gels, complex suspensions etc.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills in English, decision making and problem solving as a team player.
- Must have critical scientific thinking, self-starter with positive attitude to learn and deliver the project in a timely manner. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Flexible with the ability to adapt, respond quickly and manage change in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and maintain good and effective communication and internal/external customers.
- Demonstrated competencies in Cosmaceutical’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust and Fairness.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Laboratory work conditions using equipment and exposure to chemicals. May require use of protective equipment to reduce personal exposure.
- Flexibility in work schedule to ensure that experiments are completed during allotted time.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects/materials, typically no more than 20kg.
polices, please contact us.
Job Type: Full-time
- Master's Degree (Preferred)