Mobile Tutors is Alberta's #1 and multiple award-winning providers of in-home tutoring, online tutoring, and test-prep services. We are proud to have been recognized as the best tutoring company in Northern Alberta by Consumer Choice Award for 3 years in a row.
We deliver flexible and personalized tutoring programs in the comfort of a student’s home. We specialize in all subject areas and cater to all students and all grade levels from Pre-K to University level.
At Mobile Tutors, our tutors are expected to motivate and challenge students. This is an essential aspect of a tutor’s job and perhaps the most important in that the tutor should foster a healthy sense of accomplishment and self-esteem in the student to promote continued academic growth and development. Our tutors are one of the highest-paid in the tutoring industry.
We are currently looking to hire experienced in-home and online tutors for K-12 and University in Alberta, Ontario and British Columbia for the following subject areas and grade levels:
Elementary (K to 6) -- Math, Science, Reading, Language Arts, Social Studies, French, French Immersion, Spanish, Generalist.
Junior High (Grade 7 to 9) -- Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Spanish, French Language Arts, French Immersion (Science, Social, and Math), or Generalist.
High School (Grade 10 to 12) – Math, Science, Social Studies, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English Language Arts, Spanish, French Language Arts, French Immersion (Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Math), ACT and SAT prep.
University - Math, Statistics, Physics, Finance, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Accounting, English, Statics, Dynamics, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Engineering related courses, MCAT prep, GRE prep, GMAT prep, and LSAT prep.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- An enthusiastic, patient and compassionate individual who is motivated to see their student succeed
- University student/University Graduate/Certified Teacher/Substitute Teacher/Retired Teacher/Subject Specialist
- Enrolled in or completed a post-secondary program
- Minimum 1-year Canadian tutoring or teaching experience is an asset but not a requirement
- Provide academic support to students based on expertise and knowledge in given subject areas.
- Provide supplemental weekly assignments and bi-weekly testing to help students get a better understanding of course material.
- Required to check students’ work for accuracy or proper execution.
- Required to meet with parents or guardians to discuss student progress.
- Required to communicate with the student’s classroom teachers if necessary
- Required to use Mobile Tutors Client Management System & Online Tutoring Platform
- Familiarity with the Alberta, Ontario or British Columbia curriculum is an asset but not a requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display a positive attitude and rapport with students
- Willingness to undergo security clearance/background check
- In-Home/In-Person Tutoring (conducted as per Mobile Tutors COVID-19 Protocol) - Must have a reliable car to travel to and from clients’ homes for in-person/in-home tutoring services in:
- Alberta - Calgary and Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Beaumont, and surrounding areas.
- British Columbia - Vancouver and Victoria
- Ontario - Greater Toronto Area
- Online Tutoring - Must have a reliable computer or laptop or tablet equipped with a microphone, webcam, and connection to high-speed internet.
- Flexible working hours and regular weekly schedule with the same student(s) throughout the school year.
- Tutoring hours vary from 3 to 30 hours per week, depending on the tutor’s availability and number of students
- A Minimum of 1-hour or 1.5-hours or 2 hours per tutoring session
- Pay Rate: $20 to $30 per hour
- Prompt monthly payments for all tutoring hours completed
- Regular client feedback and tutor performance appraisal
- Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter detailing their tutoring experience, subject(s), and grade levels they are interested in tutoring.
Reference ID: MT 2021
Application Deadline: 2020-09-16
Expected Start Date: 2020-09-08
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
To keep our tutors and clients safe all in-person/in-home tutoring sessions will be conducted in accordance with Mobile Tutors COVID-19 Protocol.
- tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)