Artscape Construction Ltd creates outdoor swimming pools, back yard and front yard projects for commercial and residential customers.
INTERLOCK CREW LEAD / FOREMAN
- Read drawings and apply specifications to work performed accurately.
- Operate hand tools – Concrete saw etc.
- Grading land using tools accurately prior to stone laying
- Meticulously measure, cut and lay interlock as per drawings / designs.
- Cutting wood, steel as needed for job.
- Assist in building cabanas and decks based off engineering drawings.
- Laying tiles, stone, interlock etc
- Digging using shovel or Bobcat if experienced
- Installation of steel swimming pool kit, liner etc. as per drawings and specifications
- Being hands-on in field construction directly involved in all aspects of project construction including planning, construction, quantity verification, and safety.
- Daily documentation of on-site activities and progress
- Carry and move heavy stone.
- Keep jobsite clean and organized.
- Daily documentation of on-site activities and progress.
- Ensuring all health and safety protocols are being followed.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Minimum of 2 years’ crew leader experience (preferred)
- Must have knowledge and experience in the operation of measurement tools and hand tools.
- Operate hand tools – Concrete- cut saw, skill saw, power washer, wheel barrels etc.
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated.
- Must be able to read and follow plans and drawings.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull heavy objects and be able to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to follow drawings and instructions.
- Must be respectable to clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to grade, excavate, cut stone, mason, planting, etc.
- Experience with interlocking brick, concrete, natural stonework and standard planting procedures.
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must possess a valid G class driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Must have clean driver’s record to be eligible to drive company truck.
- Possess and use of a smart phone for communication and reporting.
SCHEDULE: 7 -10 hour shift - Day shift - Monday to Friday - Overtime as Required – Weekends
Laborers - Start from $23 per hour – based on level of experience.
Foreman – Start from $33 - $38 per hour plus company vehicle – based on level of experience and probationary period.
- Operating heavy equipment well such as Bobcat, mini excavator is an asset and will reflect in hourly rate.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$38.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- construction: 5 years (required)
- interlock: 5 years (required)
- G Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: On the road