Would you consider yourself high energy and eager to join one of the most progressive and innovative public sector employers? Do you have experience providing outstanding in-person customer service? Are you interested in travelling on bus routes and working at transit facilities located throughout the Region, providing customer assistance and responding to conventional and bus rapid transit inquiries in person? If you have answered yes to these questions, the Customer Service Ambassador role might be the position for you.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service, you are responsible for providing in-person customer service at various transit locations/facilities and on transit vehicles; providing customer assistance, including responding to questions, resolving issues, education the public on transit services, distributing information and materials, and documenting customer feedback in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, with the overall goal of responding to customers at the First Contact.
The successful candidate is personable, friendly, and enjoys personal interactions.
Our ideal candidate should have a College diploma in Business Administration, Communication or a related field. The successful candidate should have a minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in a customer service environment, providing pro-active, in-person customer service to the general public. Other assets would include:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound business decisions, good judgment and discretion that show customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations, ensuring composure is maintained and customers are handled in accordance with workplace principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate and diffuse difficult situations.
- General knowledge of services provided by York Region Transit.
- Valid Ontario Class "G" driver's license, free and clear of offences under the Highway Traffic Act, and reliable vehicle to use on corporate business.
As Required and Varied
How to Apply
Please apply online by December 31, 2019. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$30.65 to $33.33 per hour
This is an Addition to staff
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)