SIRKit is a Managed Service Provider (MSP) established in 2007 and based out of Edmonton. We deliver efficient service by focusing on documented, repeatable processes and automation. Our work’s efficiency allows us to deliver significant value to our clients while compensating our team fairly. Our clients are accustomed to a friendly, outgoing, and engaging experience, and every person on our team is responsible for maintaining that experience. Our mission is to build long-term relationships, be accountable, and protect our partners.
We expect all our employees to live our values:
· Security First – Protecting you, above everything else.
· Live Honestly – Authentic personalities and honest advice.
· Be Unique. Be Passionate. – Stand out, love technology, never stop learning, and never give up on a challenge.
· Competent Confidence – Provide appropriate solutions and stand behind our work.
· We F***ing Care – We care about our staff, clients, community, and business partners. Welcome to the family!
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Remote Service Technician Level-2 is an escalation path for Level-1 technicians and will be involved in a variety of activities including advanced incidents, change requests, and security response. The position is heavily focused on providing exceptional customer care and solving client issues in a prompt and courteous manner. Remote Service Technicians work as a member of the service team in a remote capacity, providing service to our clients outside the Edmonton area and ensuring that clients’ needs are met promptly and professionally. Most tasks are performed from their home office using remote tools, but the Remote Service Technician must be willing to work on-site at client offices for a variety of reasons. They will be the hands and eyes on the ground for all on-site requirements in their area.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Client Contact and Problem Identification
· Maintain a healthy ticket queue and communicate with clients to ensure the issue or request is thoroughly understood and prioritized effectively
· Assess the issue or request presented by the client, identify actual or potential causes, and assist with remediation
· Create tickets based on calls, emails, alerts, and proactive discovery
· Identify trends to mitigate potential widespread issues or prevent rework
· Escalate issues appropriately to our Level-3 Technicians
Client Assistance/Problem Resolution
· Receive escalations from Level-1 technicians and resolve client issues
· Assist team members with keeping the overall ticket queue healthy and under control
· Work on-site to help clients with incidents and change requests
· Assist the projects and proactive teams with on-site requirements
· Assist with on-boarding and discovery of remote offices
· Prioritize work appropriately based upon urgency, importance, the time required, etc.
· Follow the core ticket procedures to ensure a consistent response is given to each incident
· Add, remove, configure, deploy, and support user accounts, mailboxes, computers, and mobile devices
· Add, remove, configure, deploy, and support servers, networking equipment, and other infrastructure
· Install, configure, and support client-server software for a variety of platforms
· Provide remote and on-site assistance for new equipment
· Diagnose hardware and software issues on a variety of systems
· Perform advanced network and Internet troubleshooting
· Support and assist Level-1 and Level-3 technicians with tickets and changes
· Partake in and assist other Level-2 and Level-3 technicians with after-hours on-call duties
· Complete client maintenance procedures and resulting follow-up tasks promptly
· Maintain a healthy level of communication with clients and colleagues to ensure everyone is kept up to date on the progress of a ticket, even when progress is slow or not ideal
· Follow best practices and implement supportable solutions
General Administration and Other Duties
· Consistently model and promote SIRKit’s Core Values and Mission.
· Deliver relevant training and provide education and support to Level-1 technicians
· Keep client documentation up to date
· Communicate appropriately and effectively with coworkers, including providing and accepting constructive feedback
· Keep your timesheet up to date by entering time continuously in real-time
· Submit timesheets and expenses on or before the required due dates.
· Coordinate queue coverage for lunch, breaks and on-site visits with the team
· Propose and implement continuous improvement initiatives
· Assist with the planning, design, and implementation of SOPs and policies
· Adhere to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and corporate policies to ensure consistency and maintaining SIRKit’s overall levels of security
· Maintain a clean personal workspace and contribute to shared office tasks
· Document ‘tribal knowledge’, where possible
· 3-5 years of experience providing technical support to business customers
· 3-5 years of experience supporting desktop and server hardware, including their components, assembly, and troubleshooting
· 3-5 years of experience supporting Windows operating systems, specifically Server 2012 and 2016, Windows 7, 8 and 10, as well as standard productivity suites like Microsoft Office
· 3-5 years of networking fundamentals experience, including IPV4, DHCP, DNS, and Routing
· 1-3 years of experience supporting Active-Directory (E.g. Group-Policies, OUs, Security, Users, Groups, Sites & Services, DNS, Powershell, etc.)
· Advanced Windows Server experience, ConnectWise or similar ticketing system experience and Homelab experience would be considered assets
· A combination of education and relevant work experience considered instead of the above requirements
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
· Comprehensive verbal, listening and written communication skills and the ability to continually develop and enhance soft skills to communicate effectively with clients and staff
· Ability to engage others in a friendly and professional manner
· Ability to convey technical concepts and terms to clients in a non-technical, clear, concise, and easily understandable manner and be able to explain complex issues in simple terms
· Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to analyze issues, identify solutions and resolve problems utilizing best practices and options
· Organizational and time management skills to provide timely support to clients waiting for a resolution to their problem
· Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and other SIRKit software applications
· Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work independently and operate effectively in a complex multi-client environment
· Ability to deal with stressful situations while remaining calm and composed
· Ability to continually develop and expand a technical skillset
· Flexibility to work with unique line-of-business applications specific to the clients’ need
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following all provincial and municipal guidelines.