Job title :
The Staffing Services department at Interior Health is looking for a customer focussed and highly organized casual Rotations Specialist to join their team at the Community Health and Services Centre in Kelowna - Apply today!
The Rotations Specialist supports management and staff in the development and maintenance of optimal master rotations to best meet service needs, giving consideration to coverage requirements, available resources and schedule constraints. This position will provide practical master rotation options that support recruitment strategies and will be engaged by unit managers when a new rotation is required because of operational changes and/or implementation of staff utilization improvements. As part of the Interior Health Staffing Services the focus of this position will be on continual improvement of staff utilization. Working within a customer-focused, team-oriented framework the Staffing Services Rotations Specialist will be responsible for developing efficient, employee-friendly, responsive and collective agreement compliant master rotations.
Some of the tasks and Duties of the Rotation Specialist include:
Hours of work:
- Creates and edits master rotations based factors such as staff/patient ratios, coverage requirements, collective agreement requirements, budgetary limitations, available resources and schedule constraints.
- Supervises clerical employees as required by performing duties such as scheduling and coordinating work assignments, evaluating employee performance and determining related training and orientation requirements.
- Assists managers with the implementation process of new/changed master rotations to ensure compliance with the relevant collective agreement(s), by advising in areas such as required timelines for implementation, to whom copies of master rotations must be submitted, etc.
- Liaises with labour relations, HEABC and Unions to ensure master rotations are compliant and accepted by all parties.
- Establishes, implements & maintains an electronic master rotations database (reference library).
Monday to Friday – 08:00 – 16:00 hours
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, five years’ recent related experience and one years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work and to set priorities.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
- Please Note*
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.