Full Time & Part Time Teaching Assistants
Montessori Dieppe is delighted to invite passionate talented Teaching Assistants to apply for Full and Part Time positions for our fall curriculum. What is the Montessori approach to learning and development? It is providing optimal conditions in a safe environment for children to learn through their natural inner curiosity. Think adaptable, flexible and ‘in the moment’ learning. We’re supportive, nurturing, engaged facilitators of learning at the most critical ages of childhood development.
You As An Amazing Candidate:
And you who are you? You are a highly empathetic, patient, kind and enthusiastic adult who is a little bit of a kid at heart. You will recognize that messes around you and well, on you reflects a positive day of tactile learning. You’ll patiently listen to compelling stories of trains, unicorns, sandcastles; you referee the ongoing debate of snacks, naps and washroom use. You’ll demonstrate heightened diplomacy when interacting with parents and accept the fact that you will wear, rather than eat lunch.
Working with our lovely mini students is a fulfilling career, but requires exceptional patience, teamwork, humility and humour.
Requirements of the Role:
We’re a caring family owned business committed to our team, our community and our customers. We’re proof you can do amazing work and have fun while doing it. Our team is professional, engaged and an extension of our family and we are inviting a new rock star to join us. While we are biased, this is a pretty amazing opportunity for the right candidate. If you’re a highly motivated, keen, child focused individual, then apply; and make sure to wow us.
Full Time (40hrs) Part Time (15-30hrs) Teachers Assistant
What You’ll Do:
- Take the lead role in the classroom (you will also likely be the tallest)
- Introduce new Montessori work to students
- Maintain thorough records of work done with students, documenting their progress and/or challenges
- Prepare report cards and present report on student’s progress to parents
- Play a lead role in greeting children and parents at the door (be the first smile in the morning)
- Inform Administrator of instances where contacting parents by phone may be required
- Choose and prepare crafts with other teachers and teacher assistants
- Communicate with parents as much as possible, providing regular feedback during pick-up and drop off times
- Participate in March Break and Summer Camps preparation (ideas on themes, activities and such)
- Wipe, wash, prep and clean. You’ll breathe and do that all over again
Your Mad Skills:
- Early Childhood Education Certificate and/or Bachelor’s Degree is an asset
- 1-3 Years Experience working in a learning/childcare environment
- Heightened patience, passion for learning and children
- Proven skills to communicate respectfully to all age groups, teams and parents
- Manage right turns, unexpected incidents, spills and certain bodily functions with grace
- Timely, organized and professional
- Previous experience in a family owned business preferred
All About the Fit:
Obviously our clients, both our children and our parents rely upon us for the most essential elements of their development and safety. Your commitment to demonstrating the right skills and behaviors to deliver that experience with our tight and highly engaged team is essential.
We offer a competitive salary in a fun work setting. To express your interest, please send your recent resume and a compelling cover letter with the subject: I’m comfortable with unidentified messes.
We truly appreciate your interest and wish you best of luck in your search; we will reach out to candidates invited to meet us for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)