Amber Peak Property Management is a full-service, fast-growing, residential property management firm. Our firm manages a substantial portfolio of student rental properties for various clients. Operating in Kingston, Ontario we service students attending primarily Queen’s university.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician to be based in Kingston and help with creating a standardized product across our management portfolio of student rental properties. This position offers excellent opportunities for a motivated and ambitious maintenance technician.
The maintenance technician will be responsible for performing general maintenance across the portfolio well working to create a standardized plan for new property onboarding across the portfolio. The maintenance technician must be focused on improving systems and building better operational and procedural standards. A high level of attention to detail is required.
- Taking a high level of personal ownership for Amber Peak managed properties helping to develop the Amber Peak standard property turnaround specifications for when the new property’s come under management.
- Perform general maintenance in the assets assigned, including heating repairs, sink backups or drain problems, faucet repairs, door repairs, caulking, etc.
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance and regular building checks as required.
- Check and replace lights throughout the complex.
- Change locks.
- Perform maintenance as required for suite turnover.
- Track inventory of parts, supplies and small tools and organize tool storage areas.
- Participate in regular rotational on-call services.
- Assist personnel from other Amber Peak departments as required.
- Execute all work in a safe, professional manner in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Perform other duties projects as assigned by the Property Manager.
- Take ownership of the quality of properties and make maintenance suggestions.
- Preform cost-benefit analysis on preventative maintenance.
- Help set portfolio-wide standards for signage, painting, fixture, and property exteriors. Help implement standards.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- High School Graduate; Post Secondary Education an asset
- Minimum three years of relevant experience required
- Extensive knowledge of plumbing is required, and preference will be given to candidates with strong maintenance knowledge in other areas such as electrical, carpentry and appliance repairs
- Must be available to work extra hours as they may vary for high season, month-end turnover and on-call rotations
- A high level of customer service-ability is a must as Amber Peak is a highly service-oriented organization
- A high degree of professionalism and dedication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication ability in English
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift, carry or move heavy items
- Safety conscience and safety-oriented attitude
- Possess sensational customer service philosophy
- Highly organized, results-oriented and with the ability to work in a multi-functional team environment
- Must have own tools and safety footwear
- Must have valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Background check required upon offer of employment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- maintenance: 1 year (preferred)