Argo Lumber is currently looking for a responsible individual to operate and maintain the mill in order to fulfill customer orders. The Mill Labourer will cut and sort required material, while adhering to all company policies and safety regulations.
This is a permanent, full-time position. We are close to transit (YRT and GO station less than a 3 min walk), and offer Benefits, Vacation and OT.
- Cut and sort lumber required to fulfill customer orders
- Operate machinery as well as monitor and verify it is operating correctly at all times
- Perform quality checks as required
- Stock and maintain the required raw materials at each station
- Ensure equipment and tools are well maintained
- Ensure saw areas are cleaned and neatly stacked for ease of locating product
- Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety Rules & Regulations for a safe workplace
- Ensure safety apparatus are used when operating equipment – protective eyewear, gloves, clothing, bibs, ear plugs, etc.
- Complete daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment
- Complete other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Basic English and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Able to multi-task, learn and apply new information quickly
- Detail-oriented individual who adheres to aggressive timelines
- Comfortable with variable workloads
- Demonstrate high ethical and moral standards
- Experience working in a mill or lumberyard preferred
- Experience operating fork lifts and saws preferred
- Basic knowledge of lumber and building products
- Knowledge of lumber grades a plus
- Able and willing to work construction hours as business needs dictate, in a fast paced environment with continuous change
- Comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Able to wear protective equipment such as safety boots, safety glasses and earplugs
- Requires physical stamina to stand throughout the shift and lift moderately heavy items
- Able to lift lumber and bulky building material of varying size
Job Type: Full-time