Family Well-Being Program
Family Wellness Worker
Job Posting – 1 Full Time position
The BNA Family Well-Being Centre is currently accepting applications for a full-time position of Family Wellness Worker. As part of the Family Well-Being team, the family wellness worker’s primary role is to provide a range of direct services and quality EarlyON programming to children ages 0-6 and their families. The responsibilities of the Family Wellness worker is to develop, implement and facilitate and/or coordinate a variety of local programming relating to reducing or preventing family and community violence and to promote healthy lifestyles through culture based programming and healing. The Family Wellness Worker will support and promote holistic well-being of children and their families and have a strong understanding of the “How does learning happen?” Ontario’s pedagogy for the early year’s. The Family Wellness worker will nurture and provide a culturally relevant space where parents, caregivers and children can build strong cultural connections with each other and receive support as they journey with other families.
- Early Childhood Education diploma or equivalent in Social Service or Education fields and/or a minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience.
- Knowledge of child development theories and practices, emerging trends in early childhood education, determinants of health, and supportive, preventative programming.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
- Ability to lift /carry children and supervise children.
- Knowledge and awareness of Indigenous culture and history, with particular emphasis on family violence, child welfare, the impacts of trauma, Indigenous youth engagement and community outreach
- Ability to engage indigenous children, youth and their families to build trust and rapport
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including database applications.
- Group facilitation, team building and decision making skills; ability to problem solve.
- Effective crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Current First Aid / CPR Certificate and Safe Food Handling certification
- A clear criminal reference check (CPIC) and Vulnerable Sector Clearance will be a condition of employment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Wages will be negotiated commensurate with experience. The position is based at BNA’s Family Well Being Centre located in Thunder Bay with some out of town travel.
Deadline Date: March 22nd, 2019
Please submit resume with three (3) references:
Attention: Katie Borysewicz
Miigwetch to all who apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Early Childhood Education (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Class G) (Required)