The Bluewater Recycling Association, based in Huron Park near Exeter, has
an immediate opening for the position of Driver.
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, as a Driver you will be a key player in the
operation of one of the Association's waste and recycling vehicles.
Why you should work for us!
- Competitive salary ($22.00 to $24.00/hour) with yearly increases.
- Excellent benefits including a defined benefit pension plan.
- Overtime after 8 hours per day & 40 hours per week
- A generous clothing allowance
- Paid day off for birthdays
- Double time on weekends & holidays
- Operates designated vehicle on scheduled route, stopping to collect all Solid Waste and/or Recyclable Material placed out for collection either using automated arm with joystick or curbside collection.
- Delivers collected items to material recovery facility or to the sanitary landfill when truck is full and dumps compartments in designated areas.
- Operates the scale and record gross, tare, and net weights upon every collection.
The ideal candidate will have a clean CVOR Abstract with at least 2 years of
experience with a DZ license. You will have an enjoyable personality with an
ability to communicate with the general public. If you are looking for a
rewarding career, we would like to talk to you!
Bluewater Recycling Association is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways, email or phone 519-228-6678.
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $24.00 /hour
- DZ driving: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Huron Park, ON (Preferred)