Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
SNC-Lavalin's Power, Grid & Industrial Solutions Sector is a leader in the fields of power generation and distribution. We are proud to have more than 100 years of experience in the field of dams and hydroelectricity, the company's very first hydroelectric project dating back to 1911. SNC-Lavalin has been closely involved in the design, construction, refurbishment and study of hydro and power systems and has facilitated the production of some 296,000 MW of hydropower, more than 114,000 km of transmission lines and more than 2,500 substations around the world.
Climate change continues to be at the heart of the global environmental agenda and continues to influence decisions and the overall direction of the energy sector. As a result, the group also oversees renewable energy and energy storage projects. Furthermore, as critical infrastructure protection becomes a growing concern for utilities, the group also continues to support the growth of SNC-Lavalin's digital and telecommunications technologies.
We are looking for a Hydrology & Hydraulic Engineer to join a team dedicated to hydrological and hydraulic studies, mainly for hydroelectric projects. As such, you will be involved in a multidisciplinary team in the realization of projects ranging from feasibility studies to construction.
How will you contribute to the team?
- The selected person will have to carry out, work in a team and/or supervise various types of studies in the fields of hydraulics and hydrology, such as:
- Dam safety studies and dam failure analysis.
- Evaluation of flood zones.
- Hydrodynamic analyses with 1D, 2D and 3D simulation tools.
- Hydrological studies (hydrological modeling, statistical floods, probable maximum precipitation and probable maximum floods, flood routing).
- Design of hydraulic structures (spillways, weirs, stilling basins, water intakes, penstocks, channels, temporary diversions, tunnels, fish passes, culverts, ...).
- Energy studies and optimization of water systems.
What will you contribute?
- B.A.Sc. in civil engineering, M.Eng. or M.A.Sc. in hydraulics or hydrology, an asset.
- 10 to 20 years of experience as a Hydrological/ Hydraulic Engineer.
- Member in good standing of a Canadian Engineer Order (or be eligible to become one).
- Fluency in English (spoken and written; French is an asset).
- Knowledge of analytical methods and tools in the field of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Knowledge of one or more HEC models (e.g. HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-RESSIM).
- Knowledge of one or more 2D and 3D models (e.g. FLOW-3D, Telemac, SOBEK, HEC-RAS 2D).
- Experience in dam safety studies, an asset.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
Location: 3777 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 3Z7, Canada
Job Type: Full-time
- Hydrological/ Hydraulic Engineer: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)