The Town of Churchill seeks an individual with well-defined interpersonal, organizational and communication skills for our Public Works Office Administrator. This position covers a range of duties related to planning, quality control, report preparation, regulatory compliance and safety issues. The Office Administrator is a key member of the Public Works team and is responsible to assist the Director and staff in meeting the Public Works obligations to the community.
The Public Works Office Administrator works within a team environment and performs a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Maintains records on all vehicles and equipment, repairs, sewer and water, snow removal and road maintenance in conjunction with applicable staff.
- Maintains and continually develop usage of the Hippo FM, preventative maintenance system and issue and control of all Work orders related to services provided.
- Oversees and maintains inventory of equipment, safety gear, supplies, parts and vehicles and acts as a shipper/receiver for all parts and materials ordered.
- Transfer water meter readings to control cards and assist with water meter readings.
- Acquire appropriate permissions and permits for all sewer and water digs performed.
- Complete paperwork for the animal pound and forward to the Administration Office.
- Prepare and distribute Public Notices relating to Public Works in conjunction with the Town Administration Office.
- As provided by the Director, conducts research and obtains quotes for parts and materials.
- Primary contact for administration of COR Certification.
- Maintain all records, files and inventory pertaining to the Public Works Department and assist staff with paperwork.
- Assist the Director of Public Works
- Oversees training, implementation and maintenance of COR.
- Liaise with other departments, government agencies and residents as required.
- Act as back-up payroll function
- Other duties as assigned.
A complete job description can be viewed at The Town of Churchill Administration Office during regular office hours. This is a unionized position. The starting wage is $23.35 per hour plus remoteness allowance of $283.54 bi-weekly. You’ll also be eligible to participate in the Town’s benefits package including pension, life insurance, disability insurance, optional dependents insurance, vision and dental benefits.
Please submit your resumés no later than Friday July 5th at 4:30 PM
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent