A unique opportunity to work in an all-boys military-themed boarding school located in West Lincoln, Ontario, a short drive from Hamilton, Niagara, and Haldimand.
Located in Wellandport, Ontario, Robert Land Academy is a highly structured not-for-profit Canadian private military boarding school that has provided a safe, healthy, living and learning environment for boys in grades 5-12 since 1978.
THE FACULTY: The Academy’s academic faculty is comprised of men and women who are committed to teaching both in and out of the classroom. They instill not only knowledge but also the values to provide a framework within which knowledge can be used in a positive way. Faculty members are familiar with each student’s learning characteristics, personality, strengths, and shortcomings. Common sense and hard work are the hallmarks of the faculty’s endeavours with students.
The Academy welcomes those applicants who wish to bring their skills and experience to this dynamic environment.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER / COACH
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver the physical education curriculum at the high school level. As well as providing course instruction, this person may be required to perform the duties of House Master in charge of a section of approximately 10 students. Duties also include counselling, coaching sports teams, running clubs, coordinating evening and weekend programming, tutoring, and supervising meals and daily study halls. All teachers are Officers of the Academy and wear a military-style uniform with appropriate rank.
The successful applicant will:
- hold a degree in Physical Education or Kinesiology;
- provide proof of other relevant teaching experience. While membership in the Ontario College of Teachers or an equivalent teaching degree is an asset, it is not mandatory for applying for this position;
- be willing to work unconventional hours including weekends, and participate in extra-curricular activities before, during and after school. The work schedule for this position is Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon;
- work as a positive influence within a team environment;
- communicate effectively with colleagues and students;
- have excellent oral and writing communication and presentation skills;
- be capable of fulfilling the physical requirements of the position;
- provide a satisfactory police certificate with vulnerable sector screening.
Start Date: Mid-August (staff training)
How to Apply: For further information and to apply online, visit: www.rla.ca/careers
Job Type: Full-time