If you are organized, have strong attention to detail, and enjoy a hands-on element in your work day, then this may be the job for you. In this position, you will be responsible for unpacking received inventory, making sure it is well accounted for, and labeling it accordingly. You will ensure every item has a security tag and process all required paperwork. When shipping customer orders you will package the items, maintain adequate records for reporting, and track and verify receipt of shipment. Excellent customer service is crucial. During slower periods within our shipping and receiving department, versatility is key! Other duties may include: assisting customers purchasing product; ensuring product is merchandised effectively; responding via phone or email to customer enquiries regarding the shipment/pick up of online orders; and more. If you are someone who loves a physical aspect to your work day but does not shy away from detailed computer work then please apply!
- Be able to lift or move a minimum of 50 lbs
- Previous shipping and receiving experience is an asset
- Previous experience in a retail setting is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build trust and rapport
- Experience operating a forklift and pallet truck would be an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and working knowledge of computers.
What you’ll get:
- Be part of our great team!
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Compensation starting at $15-$17/hour based on experience
- Group Insurance Benefits (once eligibility requirements have been met)
- Great employee discounts on products!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- shipping and receiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)