Position: Product Manager, Health
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Director, Verticals
Location: Toronto, ON
Postmedia is a Canadian news media company representing more than 120 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Postmedia is seeking a Product Manager for our health vertical. The ideal candidate is an experienced Product Manager who has experience building & managing digital products for the health industry.
You’re the type of product manager equally comfortable working in your cross-functional scrum team to plan & build out features, and with the business stakeholders, displaying a strong business acumen in all interactions. You champion the best product enhancements that are mutually beneficial to customers and the business.
You’ll work in Agile processes with a cross-functional team to manage & grow the digital products for one of Canada’s newest and most ambitious health brands, Healthing.ca.
You’re motivated by growth and will collaborate with business leads for Healthing and Postmedia to align the digital products to the overall vision and continually track progress against objectives, making data-driven and strategic recommendations, and pivoting the roadmap where insights require.
What you’ll do:
- Continually refine the health product roadmap based on sound understanding of the market, competition, and user needs
- Plan and launch new products and features, test performance and iterate as required to drive the health vertical’s strategic objectives
- Work collaboratively in Agile processes with Engineering, Research, UX/Design, Analytics, content and PMO on cutting edge technologies to predictably deliver on roadmap commitments
- Work collaboratively with Postmedia & Healthing cross-functional teams, championing the roadmap recommendations to the group, based on mutually beneficial user & business needs.
- Behave as a thought partner bringing your knowledge of the health industry to every interaction
- Collaborate on vision, strategy of the health vertical and translation to roadmap features
- Present roadmaps, features & insights to business stakeholders
- Lead the health vertical scrum team
- Work with cross-functional teams in our go-to-market and compliance processes to successfully launch products aligned with customer & stakeholder requirements
- Drive revenue by collaborating as needed across product areas and functions
- Other duties as required
Who you are:
- 2-3 years of digital Product Management experience (web based)
- Preference given to candidates with experience in or for the health industry
- Experience working in Agile method in a digital capacity
- Strong business acumen; strategic thinker and tactical operator with proven track record of delivery
- Excellent communicator & collaborator who can present ideas inside and outside of the business unit, gaining buy-in and taking input from stakeholders
- Professional experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams in Agile processes
- Collaborative colleague who actively seeks out input from peers, stakeholders and external market research
- Analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems independently with attention to detail.
- Some technical aptitude; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Experience in Jira & Confluence
- University degree or equivalent experience
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: January 28, 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Application Deadline: 2021-01-28
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent