As part of an interdisciplinary team the Unit Clerk is responsible for the facilitation of patient flow through the Maternal/Newborn & Child Health Services and acts as a liaison to staff, patients, their families and the public. The Unit Clerk interacts with patients and their families in a professional, respectful and courteous manner. The Unit Clerk also works in collaboration with the interdisciplinary staff to provide patient centered care.
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent educational preparation.
- Training related to office administration/office coordination.
- Previous Unit Clerk experience preferred.
- Related experience in a hospital environment preferred.
- Public relations or customer service training preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Computer li teracy required; demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Knowledgeable use of Powerchart and Cerner an asset.
- Demonstrated basic mathematical skills required.
- Dem onstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a courteous and customer focused manner.
- Ability to multi-task and proven organizational skills.
- Proven innovation in problem solving skills and critical thinking.
- Must be prepared to work in all areas of Maternal/Newborn & Child Health Services (skills & abilities considered).
- Good work and attendance record required.
- All employees of Mic hal Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) (formerly Toronto East General Hospital) agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsi ble to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.