With a budget of over $150 million and more than 1000 sworn and civilian members, the Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) requires a Permanent Part-Time PC Support Technician.
The WRPS delivers exceptional police services to more than 575,000 residents. The Waterloo Region is a vital and prosperous community in Southern Ontario that offers the unique combination of a growing urban centre surrounded by four rural communities. You will work in a community proud of its diversity, and within an organization focused on its people.
As the Part-Time PC Support Technician...
- Provide technical support to end users through the installation, maintenance, and resolution of computer equipment and hardware/software issues;
- Test new equipment, install upgrades to software/hardware, and create/maintain/configure user databases and systems as required;
- Conduct preventative maintenance of personal computers and visit all sites to proactively address IT issues in all WRPS buildings and vehicles;
- Provide assistance and technical support to other members of the IT department; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A certificate or diploma in computer science or other related field with at least two (2) years’ of related experience in information technology (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered);
- A current CompTIA A+ certificate;
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, diagnosing and repair of problems in computer equipment, software/hardware and operating systems, applications, and network administration;
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems; and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), including configuration, mapping, security and troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of current video surveillance systems; and
- A valid Class ‘G’ Ontario driver’s licence with no more than six (6) demerit points.
- An excellent communicator with strong customer service skills;
- Able to provide advice and guidance to end users who may be unfamiliar with computer terminology;
- Able to adapt to frequently changing priorities to respond to help desk calls in a timely manner;
- Able to travel to various locations within the Region and occasionally outside of the Region;
- Able to meet police security clearance requirements and to maintain confidentiality; and
- Able to participate as an effective team member and to support and project values compatible with the organization.
For further details about this position and a complete job description, please visit our website www.wrps.on.ca.
Why join WRPS?
Ongoing professional development
Excellent benefits and pension
Dynamic, exciting work environment
Strong, supportive leadership
Employee fitness and wellness programs
Hourly rate: $36.52/hour
If you’re interested in this position, please apply on our website at www.wrps.on.ca by Friday July 3, 2020 at 3pm.
Please ensure you provide all supporting information from current and past employment (if applicable) to specify how you meet the requirements for this position in your online profile. You will be assessed based on the information provided in your application.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview, please email the WRPS.
Diversity through inclusion – we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected to move forward will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $36.52 /hour