BROKEN COAST CANNABIS LTD.
Quality Assurance Technician
Broken Coast Cannabis LTD. is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Technician to work in the Quality department of our busy cannabis production facility.
Successful applicants will have experience working in a regulated production environment, preferably in the area of food, pharmaceuticals, or cannabis. The position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail, as well as critical thinking, interpersonal communication, and a strong aptitude with computers.
WHO WE ARE
Broken Coast is a federally licensed cultivator and processor of cannabis under the Cannabis Regulations, located in Duncan, BC. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated and pride ourselves on our quality product and personal service.
- Collect, review, and file documentation, for batch production and quality systems
- Work with operations staff to correct documentation or address document deficiencies
- Prepare batches for final release and perform release procedures on batches once released
- Review and validate documents in an electronic document management system
- Perform in process checks, floor inspections and self-audits as required
- Inspect and release incoming materials
- Prepare and track regulatory correspondence with local police, fire, and government authorities
- Coordinate product complaints and returned shipments with other departments
- Perform Non-conformance and Corrective Action review
- Contribute to the overall goals of the Quality department by engaging in project discussions, group troubleshooting, and assisting around the facility as needed
- Assist the Quality department with other duties as required
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or previous equivalent experience working in a regulated production environment
- Experience working in quality departments is an asset
- Familiarity with quality management systems an asset
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Critical thinking and assessment skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal, English language)
- Willingness to work as an engaged member of a diverse team
Inclusivity and Accommodation: _ The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Broken Coast is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process._
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. We have also introduced the following measures at our facilities:
- Restricted visitor access
- Installation of physical barriers & additional hand washing stations.
- Staggered shifts and break times
- Mandatory mask policy & supplied PPE
- Enhanced sanitation measures
- Social distancing policies & monitoring
- Daily health checks
Broken Coast thanks all applicants in advance for your interest but only those selected for interview will be contacted- we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time