Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring an IT Business Analyst on a permanent basis in our Innovation team. This position is a remote opportunity and can be based across Canada. Unlock your potential in the dynamic world of IT as a Business Analyst. Join a forward-thinking organization where your analytical prowess and technological acumen will shape cutting-edge solutions, drive innovation, and elevate business strategies to new heights. Embrace the opportunity to bridge the gap between technology and business, making a tangible impact on both.
What you’ll do:
- Document functional and non-functional requirements. Develop wireframes or mock-ups for review by business and internal teams to support system development.
- Provide business and technical content in developing UAT test cases and facilitates UAT test execution by verifying test results against documented requirements.
- Gather system requirements through various methods such as interviews, surveys, workshops, and workflow analysis.
- Recommend and establish policies and standards to enhance the quality of business analysis deliverables.
- Evaluate information from diverse sources, resolve conflicts, and translate high-level requirements into detailed user needs.
- Utilize business analysis tools for documenting current and future states, including workflow modeling and data analysis.
Who you’ll work with:
The Team: You will work closely with business stakeholders, PM, architects, developers, and QA. You will also work with the IT Intake manager to perform pre-project identification of business technology needs. This team strives to cultivate a culture of collaboration and innovation.
The Collaborators: You will work closely with other functions in our innovation business unit and collaborate across the organization with project Stakeholders from IT and business units as well as UAT participants.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Project Management & Business Analysis and:
- Have 3-6 years experience working as an IT Business Analyst with a background in various business domains, such as HR, Finance, Logistics, Retail, Energy, Loyalty programs.
- Have a bachelor’s degree, with a preference for Computer Science, Commerce or Business Administration (a combination of relevant education and experience may be considered)
- Certified or in the process of gaining BA certifications (CCBA, CBAP). An understanding of PMBOK would be considered beneficial.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and what we offer, visit fcl.crs.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to ensure an enjoyable candidate experience. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your requests to us via fc[email protected]. All information received will be kept confidential.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to apply by October 16th, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. FCLHP
As this position is considered a position of trust, you may be required to complete criminal record check in accordance with FCL policies.
FCL embraces diversity and inclusion. We’re working to create a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve and an environment where every team member brings their whole self to work. We believe all candidates should feel at home with us and be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process.