Magnolia Gardens, in Langley, is part of the Bria Communities family, a private, locally-owned group of retirement living residences in Langley and Tsawwassen. We offer two supportive options where seniors enjoy lives enriched with purpose, friendship and happiness—independent living and long-term BriaCare™ Centres. Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued and seniors live active and purposeful lives.
Reporting to the Director of Care, or designate, the Registered Nurse evaluates, directs and maintains resident care routines including the administration of medications, assessment of residents’ physical, psychological and social health within the appropriate scope of practice. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of Care Aides in the provision of personal care and support for the LPN’s with clinical guidance and standards of practice. Responsible for providing relief coverage for the DOC and managing the direct supervision of Nurses, Care Aides & Housekeepers.
$36.23 or above for the duration of single site wage levelling
1. Provides direct nursing care, including administration of medications, medical treatments and documented procedures as per provincial
regulations, standards of practice and facility policies and procedures
2. Provides support to LPN’s on clinical decision making
3. Maintains residents’ records to the required standards
4. Uses good body mechanics and the proper techniques, lifts, transfers, porters and ambulates residents in a manner which promotes safety and
5. In conjunction with the infection control program, maintains protection against cross infection by using appropriate personal protective equipment
and aseptic techniques
6. Assists with admissions, discharges and transfers of residents according to Bria policies and procedures
7. Reviews all care plans and evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions and treatments, and informs the Director of Care and/or
residents’ physician of significant changes in the condition of any resident. Ensures Oral health and nutrition care plans are in place and
8. Liaises with Residents’ families; updating them with any changes in health status, medication changes, or personal care needs.
9. Observes and charts changes in behavior and reactions to treatment and medication
10. Ensures the appropriate clinical assessment of residents is complete and followed up upon in terms of a care plan or planned intervention.
Assessments include, but are not limited to Braden Scale; MMSE; Morse Fall Risk; basic vital signs; neuro vital signs; GDS: medication reviews;
Care Conferencing processes.
11. Assists with the orientation and evaluation of the performance of the LPN’s, RCA’s and Housekeeping staff in collaboration with the DOC
12. Responds to all resident and facility emergencies immediately; acts as the emergency manager until relieved by the DOC or GM and accurately
13. Ensures residents’ rights of privacy and confidentiality are maintained
14. Ensures that proper security procedures are followed in the handling and storage of any confidential material
15. Assists with the training and education of the LPN’s, RCA’s and housekeeping staff in collaboration with the DOC
16. Assists with the Fraser Health licensing expectations in preparation for Audits and performing scheduled resident, LPN, RCA and housekeeping
Education & Experience
- Currently registered in good standing with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience in long term care is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience in long term care environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the work environment
- Must have strong communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrate teamwork and collaboration
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees
- Must be able to take a leadership role and provide positive support to staff and volunteers to encourage and stimulate resident social and health
- Must have the ability to speak and understand English competently and to understand written and oral instructions in English
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Team Building Events throughout the year
- Bria Summer Family BBQ & Bria Holiday Party
- Club 16 / She’s Fit Gym Corporate Discount Rate
- PNE / Playland Company Discount Code
- Sun Run & BMO Marathon Company sponsored
- Free Onsite annual Flu-Shot
Bria Communities Gives Back!
Our mission is to work together to create safe and vibrant communities where choices are valued, and seniors live active and purposeful lives. This mission also applies to our work in the larger community, where we seek to encourage, educate and enhance the lives of seniors who call Metro Vancouver home.
If you love interacting with and getting to know seniors, have exemplary customer service skills and really want to make a difference in the lives of our residents, we want to hear from you.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining how your education and experience has prepared you for this position.