Without knowing it, millions of people wear apparel and accessories distributed by alphabroder. Consumers may not recognize the company's name, but clothiers and promotional agencies certainly do. Whether the item is a company golf shirt, a T-shirt from a rock concert or a souvenir shirt from a vacation destination, chances are it has passed through one of our many distribution centers across North America.
In 2017, alphabroder® and Prime Line® merged to create the industry's first true 'One-Stop-Shop' for promotional products - raising the bar on convenience, service and solutions. And expanding alphabroder's product and service offering to include hard goods.
We are currently looking for an Inventory Auditor (Entry Level) to join our Richmond Hill Inventory Control team. Reporting to the Inventory Control Supervisor this position includes performing inventory cycle counts and inspections to ensure high inventory accuracy levels and timely processing of customer returns back to stock. The ideal candidate is a team player, has strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Perform inventory counts which include RF cycle counting, location audits and recounts.
- Review completed inventory counts and variances to determine if further research or a recount is needed.
- Update and distribute department reports using Excel or other established logs.
- Perform product inspections to determine if product meets established specifications. This includes identifying product as well as sorting through product to determine if product is “good” so it can go back to stock or if product should be written off.
- Review inventory in Inventory Problem Bins to confirm and resolve issues with items. Determine if inventory can be corrected with a stock adjustment, put back to stock or if it is damaged or defective and must be written off. Identify product that is not labeled or not labeled correctly and properly label carton.
- Perform final check of inventory before a customer order is shorted. Check item locations as well as “likely locations” (neighboring bins, aisles, end caps…). Review item transactions and old locations to try to find missing inventory. Update warehouse transfer order in FDM4 if appropriate.
- Process customer returns by sorting/inspecting/identifying product and updating items/quantities on claims in IRMS. Determine if claim is complete. Close/post claims.
- Create and update customer returns in FDM4. Determine if a new claim must be entered or if it is necessary to update or change an existing claim.
- Perform inbound/outbound audits (receipt/returns and outbound orders including transfers).
- Put away product that has been processed through claims.
- Adhere to established safety regulations and company policies/procedures.
- Serve as a member of the distribution center team by assisting in other areas as needed.
- Attention to detail/accuracy while managing multiple priorities/deadlines
- Current Order Picker/Forklift License/Certificate is mandatory (may be required to be trained on other power equipment such as electric pallet jack, stock picker, mule)
- Use IRMS RF, Desktop and FDM4 with basic understanding to complete common tasks and perform basic research
- Inventory experience is an asset
- Physical agility and stamina to stand, walk, bend and lift (up to 60 pounds)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal communications skills; ability to express an issue or pose a question in a respectful manner
- Ability to identify problems/issues and resolve with minimal supervision
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to use basic warehouse tools/equipment
- Flexibility with work schedule; overtime work will be required
- Previous distribution center experience is an asset
How to Apply:
Interested applicants please submit your resume and cover letter to the alphabroder Human Resources Department by visiting www.alphabroder.ca/careers for the HR email address. Please indicate in the email subject line “Inventory Auditor (Entry Level) - Application”.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Hours: 40 hrs. per week
It is the policy of alphabroder, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resource- at (905) 787-2650 ext. 5514.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, and advise that only candidates being considered will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Inventory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fork Lift driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fork Lift (Preferred)
- English (Required)