Bouygues Energies & Services, a leading provider of facility management services across Canada, is seeking several Housekeepers (full-time, part-time, and casual staff members) to join our Team at the Police Services Building in Kelowna, BC.
Why work for us?
- Earn a competitive pay rate
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits for you and your family, including short-term and long-term disability plus life insurance;
- Three weeks of paid vacation;
- One week of paid sick leave;
- A stable and consistent working schedule that you can count on.
- Please note that individuals working at this location must undergo a high-level government Security Clearance that may take several months to process. In order to obtain this Clearance, you must have resided in Canada for at least five years and have no criminal record.
What are we looking for?
Your main duties and responsibilities include:
- Experience and knowledge regarding standard cleaning procedures;
- Experience operating a variety of cleaning equipment and machinery; such as auto scrubbers, polishers, carpet and steam cleaners;
- The ability to use a tucker pole and lift up to 50lbs in order to clean 12-foot windows and move furniture;
- Knowledge and training in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS);
- The ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products;
- The ability to use Company-issued communication devices, such as a cell phone or iPad, in a professional manner;
- The ability to work with little supervision and solve problems independently.
- Clean and maintain floors, stairways, carpets, mats and rugs by methods such as dusting, mopping, auto-scrubbing, vacuuming, shampooing and brushing as required using the appropriate tools and equipment;
- Clean and disinfect elevators, washroom, shower rooms and kitchen areas including toilets, sinks, counters, mirrors and other surfaces;
- Replenish toilet tissue, sanitary liners, paper towel and soap;
- Clean and disinfect horizontal surfaces such as furniture, workstations, woodwork, blinds, fixtures and fittings, including polishing as required;
- Empty exterior and interior waste baskets and recycling bins;
- Wash and dust walls, windows, ceilings, air vents and ducts, using a ladder as required;
- Remove snow and ice from entrance ways as required;
- Move and transport furniture safely using dollies, carts and other equipment;
- Maintain the life of machinery and equipment by cleaning, lubricating and replacing parts such as filter bags and belts;
- Communicate effectively with tenants and respond to client concerns in a timely manner;
- Report and escalate issues daily to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
If you are interested in this role, please apply by submitting a current resume to Agnes Marciniec, Human Resources Coordinator with Bouygues at email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by telephone. We thank you very much for your time and interest in Bouygues Energies & Services!
Come join one of the largest Facility Management companies and apply today!