At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The Coordinator, Clinical Placement, Nurse Practitioner Program is responsible for working collaboratively with the Director, Nurse Practitioner Program to coordinate appropriate clinical placements for students in the Nurse Practitioner Program, facilitate Objective Structured Clinical examinations, and liaise with health care services to secure placement sites. This includes:
Identify, develop and sustain clinical education sites for students in the Nurse Practitioner (NP) Program by:
- Collaborating with existing and new agencies to recruit medical practitioners to serve as preceptors.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to identify care sites across Manitoba that meet the needs of the NP Program.
- Ensuring the affiliation agreements are in place for all clinical placements.
- Representing the College of Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Program with primary care agencies.
- Collaborating with the Director, Nurse Practitioner to facilitate recruitment and retention of preceptors.
- Collaborating on the development and provision of ongoing education for new and returning preceptors.
Develop and coordinate the annual planning cycle for student clinical placements with the Director, Nurse Practitioner Program, including:
- Coordinate clinical placement requests.
- Managing clinical placement data.
- Resolve clinical placement conflicts.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders regarding course logistics and course changes.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Bachelor degree in a related discipline required.
· Registered Nurse with current CRNM registration required.
· Master of Nursing degree preferred.
· Minimum two years of clinical practice experience is required.
· Experience with recruitment and selection of staff is required.
· Minimum of two years of clinical placement experience preferred.
· Recent experience with clinical placement tracking systems such as HSPnet preferred.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
· Employee and Family Assistance Program.
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=15778
Closing Date: July 6, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Part-time hours: 17.5 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $31.87-$44.62 per hour