Oxford College of Arts, Business and Technology is seeking to hire a Community Outreach Coordinator for its Peterborough Campus. The Coordinator will oversee the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. They are primarily responsible for connecting with people in the broader community to a) increase company visibility by cultivating relationships with businesses, individuals, and other relevant organizations and b) increase student enrollment. This position requires someone self-motivated, enthusiastic, community-driven and equipped with a positive attitude to take on this exciting role.
- Schedule and maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities (potential venues: employment centers, newcomer centers, adult schools, religious establishments, apartment buildings, libraries etc.)
- Develop and organize events and meetings for publicity and information purposes
- Advertise activities and events to the internal and external community
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach activities
- Develop a content library for social media and website communications (blogs, images, testimonials, success stories, reviews)
- Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners
- Keep up-to-date on current marketing trends
- Collect and analyze data on local demographics to identify the interests and concerns of student groups; recommend students’ enrollment into appropriate programs/courses
- Maintain thorough understanding of the College programs, courses, and services
- Assess characteristics of programs and services to be promoted and advise on the company's advertising needs
- Participate in job fairs, trade shows, open houses and other activities related to student recruitment
- Prepare reports, presentations, websites, social media content, and press releases
- Plan and initiate campus-wide student life events
- Conduct campus optics refresh by identifying brand improvements and establishing walk-thru strategies (signage, television displays etc.)
- Coordinate and lead the Referral Program
- Identify and recruit ambassadors for the Student Ambassador Program
- Participate in the planning of graduation ceremonies to share in the success of graduates
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communications, business, or a related field
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years with outreach related activities
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Experience in sales or customer service is preferred
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Friendly, enthusiastic and positive attitude
Oxford College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Accommodation is available under the Human Rights Code and in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- outreach related: 3 years (Preferred)