The Reporting Line and Supervisory Structure:
Reports directly to the Operation Supervisor.
The Location of the Position:
Shelter House, Thunder Bay
420 George St.
Thunder Bay, ON
Hours of Work:
CLIENT SUPPORT SERVICES
1. Receive and admit clients according to designated intake procedures
2. Maintain an effective communication tool and record of client activities to ensure effective service delivery by documenting information/observations/impressions which may affect a client’s case plan.
3. Assess and assist with client personal needs e.g. hygiene, nutrition, medical, and/or emotional.
4. Support a harm reduction model in the community.
5. Communicate effectively with clients including active listening and problem-solving around barriers and /or recommendation to appropriate community resources to address client needs.
6. Monitor client activities and provide effective intervention in crisis situations.
7. Work cooperatively and effectively with other staff, volunteers, & clients.
8. Prepare and serve meals as required.
9. Support the community through the unbiased distribution of a variety of materials such as sandwiches, water and harm reduction kits
1. Clean all areas as assigned on a regular basis.
2. Assist with inventory control as delegated by Operations Supervisor.
3. Report any necessary maintenance to the Operations Supervisor.
4. Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Supervisor.
VOLUNTEER / DONATION SUPPORT
1. Provide assistance to volunteers, as required.
2. Accept all donations in an appropriate manner.
3. Maintain accurate records of all donations.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Report all health and safety concerns to an Operations Supervisor or a representative of the Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee.
2. Take every reasonable precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of clients.
3. Work in a healthy and safe manner.
1. A diploma, degree or certificate in a related field such as Addictions Counselling, Personal Support Worker, Social Work, Police Foundations, Aboriginal Canadian Relations, and Aboriginal Community Advocacy or equivalent combination of education and/or experience is preferred.
2. Strong communication skills specifically in conflict resolution and nonviolent crisis intervention.
3. Previous experience working in a shelter environment is preferred.
4. Previous experience with life skills such as cooking and cleaning is desirable.
5. Knowledge of harm reduction, community service agencies and the homeless population are assets.
6. Demonstrated ability to use sound judgement, perform job duties with minimal supervision and problem solve.
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents, staff, community agencies and the public.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $16.78 /hour