Who We Are: Campbellford Memorial Hospital is a 34-bed health care facility located in Trent Hills. As the only hospital located between Belleville and Peterborough, CMH provides a comprehensive array of acute care services. Together we ensure our patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. We have a sustainable vision for the future: building upon our existing strengths, being a recognized leader in rural healthcare, and creating a healthy community through service excellence, effective partnerships and a health hub model of care. We are extremely proud of our team – warm, caring professionals who take a genuine interest in our patients. We passionately pursue excellence, and create a better experience by putting our best selves forward every day.
Position Description: This position reports to the Manager of Health Records and supports patient care and information management needs for the Hospital. As the successful candidate you will be responsible for the accurate coding and abstracting of health records. You will use your education and experience to resolve complex situations to ensure the highest standard of quality information management. You will use excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to satisfy your internal and external customers in keeping with our values of “people taking care of people”.
- Completion of an accredited Health Information Management or Health Records Administration program
- Current certification and membership with CHIMA (Canadian Health Information Management Association)
- At least 2 years health records experience and experience with ICD-10-CA/CCI coding and Med2020 Winrecs abstracting system required
- Experience with Crystal Reporting preferred
- Have excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Have the ability to apply knowledge of privacy and other relevant legislation, as well as MoH funding practices
- Work independently, using excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Be able to complete duties efficiently and accurately and meet deadlines
- Be committed to ongoing learning and development
- Bring excellent interpersonal skills and a work style that fits well with our patient-focused culture
We thank all applicants for their interest in Campbellford Memorial Hospital. In an effort to promote employment equity, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals including Aboriginal persons, immigrants, members of minority groups, women and persons with disabilities.
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- health records: 2 years (Required)