Data Entry and Verification Clerk: Casual Positions - COVID-19 Operations
Competition posting date:
Competition closing date:
Ottawa Public Health, Ottawa Public Health Department, Health Protection Service
CUPE 503 Inside/Outside
$27.244 to $31.875 per hour (2019 rates of pay)
100 Constellation, Nepean (on-site only)
We are hiring immediately.
Minimum 2 shifts per week.
Days, Evenings and Weekends
- You will initially be paid 95% of your starting rate of pay, in accordance with the collective agreement.
Reporting to the Supervisor, the Data Entry and Verification Clerk is responsible for ensuring timely data
entry processing and information verification, of personal and confidential health information and related
statistical information into computerised databases and spreadsheets.
This position will be directly supporting Ottawa Public Health, emergency COVID-19 operations. This
position may require extended hours and working in an environment with high demands.
The position will require an understanding of working proactively, following protocols and process,
attention to detail, medical data entry, accuracy and working with a variety of databases.
Education & Experience
Grade 12 Diploma
Two (2) years of data entry and verification experience working with public health and/or in a health care field
or related field may be considered.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for
stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
English oral, reading, writing required.
- Database software (Panorama, iPHIS, HCD-ISCIS) and their associated policies, procedures and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Computers programs/applications, technical office skills (fax, telephone and photocopier)
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
Competencies & Skills
- Accurately enter data and verify information
- Proficiently use computers, office equipment and software programs to effectively perform work
- Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and multi-task
- Display Organize and complete tasks according to changing priorities
If this opportunity matches your interest and profile please apply online by using the "Apply"
button. If this is your first online application please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that
reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the
HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.