Challenge yourself in a rewarding environment and join a progressive and empowering agency with excellent career opportunities.
Due to continued expansion and growth, TCS is seeking RN's in the Victoria area to work with adults who have developmental disabilities.
The Registered Nurse provides comprehensive and coordinated nursing care to clients in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, through assessments, planning, implementations and evaluation of quality of client care. The Registered nurse assists individuals with complex health conditions to achieve and maintain optimal health through collaborative goal setting and action planning, health care needs education, and health promotion.
Scope of Role:
The Registered Nurse must demonstrate the ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments and provide nursing care through appropriate interventions. They are expected to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public and members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
While providing nursing care, the Registered Nurse is required to use critical thinking skills to demonstrate ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data to problem-solve effectively. The Registered nurse must integrate their knowledge using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevance researched-based evidence. They must also ensure they follow competency guidelines, standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Registered Nurses of BC
The Registered nurse must be able to act in leadership role to support peers and coworkers. They must have effective communication skills to transmit information intended to instruct clients and peers about topics essential to health care and well-being. It is important that the Registered Nurse manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, and collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
It is important that the Registered Nurse promotes staff morale, cooperation assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of TCS policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing with current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of BC (CRNBC)
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing. Two (2) years of recent relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Assessment and Intervention
- Effective Communication skills and ability to deal with others effectively
- Critical Thinking and knowledge integration skills
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns
- Management skills and ability to organize and prioritize work
- Leadership skills and willingness to work in a supervisory role
- Ability to operate client transfer equipment and at home medical equipment
- Ability to perform duties of the position
- Ability to work well on own with minimal supervision
- Teaching skills and ability to assist in orientation of new personnel
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver's License * Will require to obtain Class 4 within 90 days or hire
Position: Wednesday-Sunday 07:00-15:00
Job Type: Full-time
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)