Position: Legal – Federal Government
Client: Kyndryl (Internal)
Location: Ottawa / Remote Hybrid
Duration: Permanent, Full-Time
Security Clearance: Eligible for Secret (10 years living in Canada, clean criminal record, good credit history)
In October 2020, IBM announced it's intention to separate the IT Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new, separate public company, creating two industry-leading companies - IBM and Kyndryl. Kyndryl designs, builds, manages, and modernizes the mission-critical technology systems that the world depends on every day.
Kyndryl Federal Legal provides assistance with the review of RFIs, ITQs, RRRs, RFPs, RFSAs. During each phase of the procurement process, Kyndryl Federal Legal assists the business and solution teams and provides comments, written responses during the consultation phase (as applicable), make representations when possible, and draft questions during the RFP phase, etc.
· A law degree and a member of the Bar of Ontario.
· 7 to 10 years’ legal experience with a focus on Federal Government.
· Familiar with Government Standard Acquisition Clauses and Conditions (SACC)
· Absolute commitment to business integrity and ethical conduct.
· Ability to handle multiple deals/matters concurrently.
· Ability to obtain Level II (Secret) Clearance
· Experience in an IT-related industry is an advantage.
· Familiarity with Financial Administration Act
· Familiarity with the integrity regime
· Ability to provide advice to senior level management on complex matters.
· Comfortable in a high performance and fast-paced organization requiring strong collaborative work.
· Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Review RFIs, ITQs, RRRs, RFPs, RFSAs, identify any deviations with Kyndryl standard terms and conditions, and advise sales team of exceptional approval process as appropriate
- Draft questions to customer procurement through formal Q&A process to request changes to any problematic terms and conditions
- Collaborate with Opportunity Owners, Deal Strategists, Bid Managers, pricers, Chief Security Officers, technical subject matter experts, and all members of the bid team
- Negotiate a variety of agreements with suppliers and prime contractors such as: Non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, subcontractor agreements, etc.
- Provide guidance related to unique federal government requirements such as data sovereignty restrictions, security requirements, etc.
- Act as a trusted advisor to internal business clients on various legal matters, including data privacy, intellectual property, antitrust, environmental, litigation, investigations and general corporate matters.
- Assist Kyndryl procurement with the flow down terms and conditions
- Prepare, review, negotiate and advise on all aspects of contracts and its terms.
- Provide post-engagement legal support, including contract interpretation and assisting with dispute resolution.
- Review resulting contracts for accuracy and completeness and validate that all amendments have been appropriately captured
- Assist with the review of requests made pursuant to the Access to Information Act and drafting the responses to such requests.
- Work with Industry groups such as TechNation to advance Kyndryl’s interests on various matters including the limitation of liability for IM/IT procurements, price certification and discretionary audit (i.e. MFC), the Government of Canada's Integrity Regime, etc.
Reference ID: 1003
Expected Start Date: 03/01/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Certificate of Standing (preferred)