University Health Network
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
As a member of the Joint Department of Medical Imaging team you will perform various general x-ray
and level 3 CT Imaging procedures at University Health Network. The department features state-of-the art digital technology and a team of innovative staff dedicated to patient care and superb image
quality, backed by a commitment to continuing education and quality assurance program initiatives.
The Technologist will report to the CT/Gen Rad Supervisor, and adhere to respective institutional
policies and procedures.
As an integral member of the Medical Imaging department, the MRI Technologist, responsibilities
- Performing Magnetic Resonance imaging procedures as outlined in the protocol/procedure
- Operating, troubleshooting and ensuring that medical imaging and ancillary equipment are
performing in an effective and efficient manner;
- Preparing written and electronic reports required to document all procedures and test results;
- Attendance at meetings as required;
- Assistance in preparation of manuscripts and grant applications, data processing, responsible
for teaching, training, educational, research, safety and quality improvement
- Performing other related patient care responsibilities to facilitate the provision of optimal
- Observing and understanding Hospital and departmental policies and procedures and designing
imaging policies and procedures that will result in improvements in technical quality;
- Adhering to Hospital and departmental mission and value statements while maintaining patient
- Performing cross-functional responsibilities as assigned, or requested;
- Performing other duties related to the job classification, as required
- Completion of a recognized post diploma program in MRI, or recognized equivalent with MRI
- Registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT)
- Registration with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) required.
- Minimum three (3) months recent clinical MRI experience required. One (1) or more years of
recent clinical MRI experience preferred.
- Cross-sectional Anatomy course, required.
- Contrast injection course, required.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) program, Level II: Basic Rescuer certification required.
- Word processing skills on a PC required.
- Ability to teach and communicate expert job knowledge to others, required.
- Experience with teaching and training of staff required.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving-skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Effective time management skills; ability to organize work and set priorities required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to be trained in the following MRI specialization, ie: cardiac, body, neuro, MSK, breast;
- Ability to be trained in contrast injection techniques required.
- Ability to complete an update of clinical skills program required.
- Ability to multi-task required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member required.
- Ability to work as an autonomous professional required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment required.
- Ability to work accurately under stressful conditions required.
- Ability to meet patient care needs required.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education required.
- Computer literacy required.
- Awareness of hospital emergency codes and procedures required.
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a
medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
$33.80 to $42.25 per hour
Manager, Education & Practice, Medical Imaging
Job Posting Link
University Health Networkwebsite