Are you a new grad from a technical program? An experienced job seeker looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Or someone with a passion for technology and experience in troubleshooting? Then join Xplornet’s growing team of Technical Support Specialists in our Woodstock, NB office.
Xplornet offers a high energy, fast paced work environment where employee opinions and feedback are valued. We offer:
Key responsibilities include:
- Competitive compensation package
- $2.00/hour Bilingual Premium (French/English)
- Bonus incentive opportunities up to $2,800 annually
- Excellent company benefits including health and dental
- Matched participation in group RRSP
- Strong focus on internal promotion, career path development and training
- Opportunities to work from home after six months tenure
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Advanced technical troubleshooting with customers calling to resolve concerns related to internet/network connectivity and email
- Providing high quality customer service within Xplornet’s service level and quality guidelines
- Liaise with internal departments to investigate and escalate technical issues as appropriate including Channel Support and Network Operations
- Documenting and prioritizing trouble tickets and technical issues on customer accounts
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of technical troubleshooting for Xplornet products and staying current on relative technology advancements
Condition of employment:
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related field (or equivalent level of experience)
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing and resolving technical issues
- Previous customer service experience is an asset
- Strong computer and troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and solve problems
- Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Operating Systems; experience with MAC and/or Linux is an asset
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with customers in technical and non-technical terms
- Self-motivated and driven with good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to follow guidelines and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while adapting in a fast-paced work environment
- Bilingualism is an asset (French/English)
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check. Details will be supplied to applicants as they move through the selection process.
Xplornet is committed to creating an accessible environment and will accommodate disabilities during the selection process. Please let your recruiter know during the selection process of any accommodation needs.
Headquartered in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Xplornet Communications Inc. is one of Canada’s leading broadband service providers. For over a decade, Xplornet has been providing innovative broadband solutions to rural customers at work, home and play across Canada. Today, Xplornet offers voice and data communication services through its unique wireless and satellite network that connects Canadians to what matters.