Russell Tool & Die, part of the Narmco Group companies, specialize in deep draw, aluminum, ultra high-strength steel (UHSS) and complex stamping dies.
Location is in Chatham ON
- Read and interpret die drawings, CAD data, and sketches to identify information needed to produce an automotive metal stamping die.
- Verify materials for type, grade, and dimensions, to ensure workpiece material is correct for the application according to engineering drawings.
- Direct the fabrication, fitting, spotting, and assembly of dies and die sets.
- Line up die components and assemblies to alignments and clearances required by engineering diagrams.
- Set up and operate press for try-out and spotting of die.
- Analyze and problem-solve any quality or functional defects in the die. Measure, modify, and re-test until the die passes final quality inspection.
- Direct and organize the critical path of die build and trial to meet schedule constraints.
- Analyze and rework tooling using circle grid analysis, CMM reports and blue spotting
- Assist in training of apprentices.
Skills, Education and Experience Requirements:
- Trade certificate or diploma or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience working in a tool & die environment.
- Experience building progressive, transfer, and robotic transfer for automotive metal stamping applications.
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM and CNC machining.
- Knowledge and background in automotive sheet metal stamping, formability and design.
Russell Tool & Die Ltd. is compliant with all Ontario law in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. We will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment. Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chatham-Kent, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- New Die Build: 2 years (preferred)
- Die Repair: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person