CROSSMARK is a leading sales and marketing agency that has been named by Forbes as one of "Canada's Best Employers 2019". We are currently recruiting for a Retail Sales Specialist in Kingston or Ottawa, ON. This position will represent our client, a high growth global leader in the snacking industry. The role will be responsible for the execution of the strategic plan for our client’s brand development, growth, and maintenance while working effectively with store management to increase sales and execute client-driven merchandising plans. The ideal candidate will have a roll-up the sleeves attitude and achieve extraordinary results through innovation and a real sense of urgency.
- Work closely with the appropriate client sales team to identify key customers to develop an in-depth understanding of their decision making, communication, and retail execution work processes.
- Develop and communicate the client’s vision for the category into an action plan for each store that benefits both the client and the customer; leverage and engage the necessary resources to execute the action plan in order to grow volume through incremental retail activities
- Develop strong one-on-one relationships with local and regional decision-makers at assigned client locations in an effort to influence local and regional sales and buying strategies
- Work closely with the appropriate client team leaders to gain active participation in Customers District or Regional meetings.
- Actively engage at the store level in order to identify issues that could impact execution, and proactively recommend solutions to close gaps &/or capitalize on opportunities
- Pro-actively report competitive data to the appropriate sales and retail teams to include: point-of-sale programs, new item initiatives, promotional activity, problem/opportunity stores.
- Actively participate in conference calls to review retail store audits conducted by clients to develop and execute action plans and to address key issues and opportunities.
- Achieve appropriate client retail product mix within territory stores by establishing key relationships with store management and promoting new items, new shippers, missing category items, recommending item deletions, ensuring compliance with client plan-o-gram, recommending opportunities to cross merchandise, creating displays and themes related to items to support holiday/special promotion events
- Working knowledge of business technologies, processes, merchandising, marketing within a retail operation
- Exhibits a thorough understanding of specific retail operations and corresponding products
- A strong understanding of key retailers, go-to-market strategies and tactics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- 2-5 years of previous sales or marketing experience in retail operations setting including previous Consumer Packaged Goods industry experience
- Valid drivers license and access to own vehicle
Hours of work: 25-30 hours throughout Mon- Fri (8 am- 5 pm)
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Merchandising: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Required)