The Kronau Heritage Museum seeks a Summer Program and Outreach Coordinator for summer employment commencing May 13–August 30 2019 (30 hrs/week, 16 weeks, $16.00/hr)
- To oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of age-appropriate summer cultural children’s programs for the children of Kronau and surrounding areas based on the exhibits and displays at the Kronau Heritage Museum. This will be 2 one-week programs with different course content each time.
- To present an outline of program content and relevant supplied required to a member of the Museum’s Human Resource Committee for approval be for the program is promoted and delivered.
- To purchase program supplies as required based on the budget provided for each program and to provide receipts for all purchases.
- To provide these programs at the Museum with one week delivered in July and one week delivered in August and to provide supervision of the participants in the program.
- To provide the Kronau Heritage Museum with parent/children contact lists and photography/images and completed photo release forms to help promote the program to the community, donors and sponsors.
- To ensure that the program area is set up before the program begins and that the space and surrounding areas of the museum grounds are safe, cleaned and that all supplies/equipment are put away at the conclusion of the program.
- To create an inventory of supplies and equipment remaining at the end of the program.
- To assist with the development of age-appropriate activities for children and families during the Simple Fun Family Festival.
- To arrange, deliver and evaluate the “Museum in a Suitcase” outreach program to schools, special care and seniors’ homes in the surrounding area during the period of this contract.
- To ensure that the Museum, its artifacts, displays and assets are protected from damage and to set up/tear down the program leaving the space in useable/presentable condition at the conclusion of each class.
Candidates will be full-time post-secondary students with excellent written and verbal English skills and eligible to participate in the Young Canada Works Program. The individual must have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to think independently and creatively and work well as part of a team. The candidate should have familiarity with computers and basic office equipment. Experience with program development and evaluation would be an asset.
The individual should be able to create detailed records of work completed over the summer and provide written final evaluations of projects/programs initiated. An interest in history and demonstrated community involvement (paid or unpaid) would be an asset. Due to the location of the position, candidates must possess a reliable vehicle and hold a valid driver’s license. The successful applicant will be required to9 provide a police check before hiring.
Applicants apply with a cover letter, a copy of transcript and resume/CV (including three references) to:
kronaumuseum @ gmail.com
Kronau Heritage Museum
Kronau, SK. S0G 2T0
Deadline: April 8, 2019
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $16.00 /hour