Job Title & Location:
Quality Control Technician (Acheson)
7x7, 12 hour shifts, days or nights
Reporting to the Service Manager, Reman, the QC Technician would be responsible for performing inspections to ensure that products adhere to standard quality policies and procedures which align to OEM, customer, and internal specifications. The QC Technician will also work in conjunction with the QA Lead to ensure maintenance and improvement of the QMS System.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect/test in-process and completed products to ensure compliance with internal specifications
- Ensure quality control documentation is compiled and completed in a timely matter
- Identify and control all non-conforming products and work with stakeholders to develop corrective actions to reduce/eliminate recurrences
- Create and maintain QA control documentation
- Promote quality performance improvement across the department
- Engaging staff to incorporate quality methods into their work
- Perform internal QA audits that are compliant with company policies, practices, and procedures
- Other related duties as required
Review the component specifications and inspection requirements prior to performing inspection.
- Monitoring and spot inspections of all work performed by technicians.
- Inspect and evaluate parts/components according to specified inspection procedures, standards, drawings.
- Record inspection results that were witnessed and prepare associated documents.
Communications and learning session with Branch/Department Managers; QA Lead; Supervisors, and Hourly Staff.
Proven ability to accurately use precision measuring equipment with a high level of repeatability (tolerances of 0.0001”)
2 to 5 years direct work experience with ISO 9001:2008 an asset but not mandatory
ISO 9001:2008 Internal Auditor Certification an asset but not mandatory
Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma best practices in a shop environment.
Previous experience working with mining class equipment is considered an asset
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), to implement quality improvement initiatives in a positive and pro-active manner.
The candidate must possess a firm commitment to providing Best In Class products and services to our customers.
The candidate must be able to help solidify our culture of continual improvement.