The incumbent will perform repairs and/or maintenance and/or assembly at the customer's premises or on the worksite, or in the Shop, on all Komatsu products as well as other products sold by SMS Equipment.
- Must answer and return customer calls.
- Must develop is territory by seeking new customers and maintaining existing customers.
- Must organize his work schedules to maintain optimum productivity.
- Analyse failure and repair required.
- Complete a full report on the repairs and identify the cause of failure for each problem encountered.
- Order parts to complete repairs.
- Adjust, repair and/or replace defective parts.
- Test the equipment once repaired to ensure proper operation and that the repairs meet with customer's requirements.
- Clean, lubricate and perform regular maintenance on equipment.
- Meet scheduled time allotments for repairs.
- Notify Supervisor and/or customer of all repairs needed on machines.
- Once work is completed, sign the work order, request credit for unused parts, collet all documentation (external purchases, etc.) and forward to Supervisor for invoicing.
- Always be aware of the impact of any discussion with customers pertaining to performance of products sold by SMS Equipment.
- Work safely.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Supervisor.
- Red Seal as Heavy Equipment Technician.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of Komatsu products would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software’s and working with a portable unit.
- Hardworking, proactive, self-reliant, team worker and focused on customer service.
This is a very exciting time to be a part of SMS Equipment. We are one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world and believe our continued growth is a result of our highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace.
If you are interested in working for a very dynamic company where your input, your ideas and your participation is valued, apply today.
Our growth means your success
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday