Project Engineer - Software Developer
At C-CORE, we are committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic and rewarding employment experience. C-CORE is seeking a Project Engineer – Software Developer to work with its highly skilled team of business professionals, engineers and scientists. If you are a self-motivated team player and committed to excellence, this may be your opportunity.
C-CORE conducts R&D and provides research-based advisory services, delivering innovative engineering and technology solutions to national and international clients. Over the past 43 years, we have built a world-class team of over 70 dedicated professionals, with a reputation for excellence in Remote Sensing, Ice Engineering, and Geotechnical Engineering. This position is located in our St. John’s office.
PROJECT ENGINEER – SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
An electrical or computer engineering degree with at least 5 years of experience is desired. The successful candidate will have exceptional analysis and problem solving skills, strong communication skills (spoken and written) and the ability to work in a team environment. Knowledge and experience in all phases of software and systems development as well as in the following programming languages and platforms is essential: C, modern C++, and a higher level interpreted language such as C# or Python. Experience with .NET languages (C#, C++/CLI) is preferred. Software/system analysis and design experience and application development experience in the context of overall system design is required.
In addition, the successful applicant should have experience/knowledge in the following areas:
- Signal and image processing;
- Radar signal processing;
- Hardware interfacing (e.g. cameras, sensors, DAQs, digital signal processing platforms);
- Windows and Linux application development;
- GUI/HMI design and development;
- Linear software development lifecycle (waterfall); and
- Software system documentation (both technical and end-user).
Preference would be given to applicants who also have experience/knowledge in the following area:
- Algorithms and data structures;
- Concurrent computing;
- Real-time and high performance computing (e.g. GPU computing, stream processing, real-time operating systems, FPGA development);
- Database technologies and development;
- Front-end web development experience with Java-script; and
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and geographic information systems.
St. John’s, Newfoundland
Salary & Benefits:
C‑CORE is committed to investing in people and creating a dynamic, rewarding employment experience.
C‑CORE offers competitive salaries and benefits, including attractive vacation & leave entitlements, a generous retirement savings plan and medical & dental plans. We also offer numerous opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Qualified applicants should forward their résumé electronically to: careers@c‑core.ca. Please quote Project Engineer - Software Developer in your application. For further information, please refer to C-CORE website (www.c-core.ca).
Deadline for Submission:
March 5, 2019
C-CORE thanks all those who apply; however, only those whose skills most closely match the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time