St. Joseph’s Villa Dundas is currently seeking Registered Practical Nurses to join our growing and dynamic team during this Pandemic.
St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long term care homes. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to be the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System. Continuing the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton, we are proud to serve our community.
We are the largest employer in Dundas. Our campus is conveniently located on a city bus route and offers free parking. We offer a range of challenging, rewarding careers and advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals in a health care environment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs all duties in accordance with legislation, the Standards of Nursing Practice of the College of Nurses on Ontario, the College of Nurses Guidelines for Professional Behavior, physicians’ orders, the Mission Statement, Organizational and Management Philosophies and policies and standards of St. Joseph’s Villa.
· Participates in the nursing process to contribute to the initial and ongoing assessment of the resident’s health status, and in the planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
· Supervise nursing care for resident’s whose health status is stabilized, and collaborates with the Registered Nurse regarding the provision of nursing care for residents whose health status is unstable.
· Is able to identify and prioritize and respond appropriately to demands of the Position.
· Takes responsibility for maintaining professional competence, seeks guidance when unable to perform required skills competently and shares responsibilities for maintaining and improving both knowledge and skills in the care of the elderly
· Participates in education in-services, Villa activities, ad hoc committees, and performs other related duties as required.
· Contributes to Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario
Successful completion of approved Medication Administration Program (Community College)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please note that we are asking employees to work in only our home at this time. We are not allowing staff to work in various healthcare facilities until the pandemic has been uplifted.
- Employee assistance programs
- Flexible working hours
- Onsite Gym
- On-site parking
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)