Para-Mentors provides professional hiring support to job-seeking Paramedics and students, as well as full-scope, high-tech recruitment and education services to Paramedic agencies. We are looking to hire a handful of highly motivated and enthusiastic Paramedics for multiple positions in our organization.
We are opening a general recruitment for our “Mentor” roles. Responsibilities will be tailored to the individual employee and could include facilitating remote or in-person interview preparation, scenario practice, resume editing, etc. We also have a number of exciting projects that staff can work on. We are most urgently in need of 1-2 private tutors who have an excellent academic grasp and teaching ability.
Our staff are all full employees who are paid competitive wages for a very positive and flexible work environment. During COVID, most work is done remotely from home with a flexible schedule. When in-person operations resume, more work will be done on-site (mostly in the west GTHA). Candidates from this area are preferred, but anyone in Ontario is welcome to apply due to the volume of remote work available.
Key required qualifications
You must have these to be considered
- Recent experience working as a frontline Paramedic in Ontario
- Excellent communication ability - verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong independent work ethic
- Desire to help advance the industry
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Access to a smartphone, computer and reliable internet
Additional desirable attributes
These are listed in no particular order, and are not required to apply. This list is intended to give a sense of the applicant quality we’re looking for and what will factor into our hiring decisions.
- Advanced patient care experience (IV, ACP, CCP, flight, CP, Tactical or other teams)
- Experience participating in the National Paramedic Competition or similar
- Experience in other healthcare professions such as nursing or respiratory therapy
- Advanced medical training or certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP, ITLS, Aeromedical, instructor / instructor trainer)
Education / Other Roles
- Experience in paramedic education, evaluation, or audit roles (FTO / precepting, base hospital, paramedic service, college, etc.)
- Experience using the Global Rating Scale for the Assessment of Paramedic Clinical Competence (GRS)
- Experience with recruitment or HR (paramedic or otherwise)
- Experience in higher education roles such as instructional design or content development
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Experience in any fields that could be useful to a successful, quickly growing startup company: project management, marketing, social media, sales, business administration and planning, technical writing, etc.
- Experience with technology such as video capture and editing, VR, web/graphic design, database/spreadsheet programming
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $35.00 per hour
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from home
During “lockdown”, all non-essential operations are being hosted virtually. Any in-person services will adhere to public health guidelines including supplied PPE, active employee/client infection screening, and equipment disinfecting procedures.
- Paramedic: 1 year (preferred)