- POSITION TITLE: CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Social Work) RED DEER
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
You are asked to provide support, education, information and referral to individuals living with Parkinson disease, to allied health professionals and to the general population. You will also help to establish the society as a community resource in Edmonton and area.
III. REPORTS TO:
Client Services Manager
- A degree or diploma in Social Sciences
- Related experience in the non-profit sector
- Excellent communication and strong organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Computer literate in MS Office applications
- Must have a class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Assessment of individual with PD or caregiver to ensure that they meet eligibility criteria for support group(s)
- Plan content, format, and snack (optional) for each meeting but be flexible to meet needs
- Coordinate facilities, dates and times and inform participants
- Enlist the help of volunteers for set up and take down (if possible)
- Build rapport with group members, establish trust within the group
- Evaluate the groups annually
- Get feedback on what the participants want within the groups
- Organize speakers or special events
- Follow up on any concerns or tasks that were brought up during the meeting
- Keep sufficient record of discussion at the meeting and of how successful the topic was
- Supervision and support to contract facilitator
- Risk assessment protocol respected for home visits
- Plan with individual time and place
- Establish a purpose to the meeting
- Bring supportive material
- Use motivational interviewing skills to to explore issues, summarize understanding and provide appropriate intervention whether that be information or referral
- Complete an assessment form
- Follow up with client to ensure positive outcome
- Get all of the details (who, what, where, when, how much)
- Design the presentation if necessary or prepare to deliver pre-existing material
- Provide to audience appropriate resources material
- Deliver presentation
- Provide evaluation form or follow up with facility coordinator within an appropriate length of time
Information and referral:
- Provide to interested people an information package
- Respond to inquiries and refer to appropriate materials or community resources and give direction on accessing
- Website – review and inform website contact at PA
- Contribute to the bi-monthly newsletter and quarterly magazine
- Keep inventory of materials and access new material through networking with community professionals
- Follow up to ensure positive outcomes following intervention.
- Attend professional workshops as needed i.e. CPP Disability
- Attend and contribute to the Client Service’s teleconference meetings and PAA staff meetings
- Teach our members self advocacy skills, techniques
- Be aware of PD advocacy issues and report to the Client Services Manager
- Follow PAA advocacy guidelines
- Advocate on behalf and in partnership with clients when the situation warrants
- Participate in coalitions or committees when required
- Support regions with brochures and posters when needed
- Work with Client Services team and MAR/COMM to create Client Service promotional materials
- Establish set office hours
- Report client statistical information.
- Gather feedback from all programs and services and forward summaries to the Client Services Manager
- Complete and submit time sheets and expense reports within the first three days of the subsequent month and forward to Client Services manager and HR.
- Perform required administrative duties pertaining to confidential client files and pertaining to event coordination
- Organize annual Parkinson Alberta Step ‘n Stride (PASS) walk
- Organize, manage and coordinate other fundraising events and activities
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Planning and organizing: plans activities ahead of time, sets priorities, anticipates resources, flexible to meet the requirements of the event, maintain ethical boundaries.
- Strategic Planning: input and business plan development.
- Follow up: continually aware of work status, adheres to time schedules, meets commitments.
- Ideas and approaches: suggests improvements, tries new approaches, willing to experiment and take educated and positive risks.
- Leadership: motivates, guides, promotes, stimulates cooperation, delegates appropriately.
- Communications: verbal skills, written skills, understands, follows direction, takes initiative to communicate, respects confidentiality of all client information.
- Collaboration: share ideas, open to other ideas, focused on objectives
- Work with others: relationship with volunteers, supervisor, peers and other organizations (networking)
- Development: maintains awareness and knowledge of Parkinson disease, research, community resources, seeks additional knowledge and skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Red Deer, AB (Required)
- English (Required)