Profectus Academy of Toronto is a Private Online High School offering a wide range of courses to students looking to earn their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). A core philosophy of Profectus Academy of Toronto is to maintain high expectations for our students, as well as our teachers and ADMIN.
THIS CONTRACT POSITION IS TO TEACH THE FOLLOWING NIGHT SCHOOL/EVENING (MONDAY to FRIDAY 5-8pm) HIGH SCHOOL COURSES FROM APRIL 26th to JUNE 30th FOR $2500:
- CALCULUS AND VECTORS - MCV4U
- DATA MANAGEMENT - MDM4U
- PRINCIPLES OF MATHEMATICS - MPM2D
EXPECTATIONS FOR ROLE:
- Develop the following plans for each course:
- Daily Lesson Plans using Profectus Academy and Ministry Recommended Template;
- Unit Plans using Profectus Academy and Ministry Recommended Template;
- Courses of Study and
- Long Range Plans.
- Lessons, classwork and assessments.
- Maintain regular student attendance records.
- Maintain records of student achievement organized around the KTCA expectations and Categories from the Achievement Chart.
- Assessment of overall expectations.
- Assessment records based on the following:
- Assessment of learning records through observations, conversations and student products;
- Assessment for learning such as information gathered through diagnostic assessment or strategies to monitor student progress and
- Assessment as learning such as peer assessment and self-assessment.
- Develop a range of assessment tools in alignment with Growing Success expectations, including but not limited to rubrics and checklists.
- Submit report card comments for each student.
- Prepare midterm and end of semester report cards for each student.
Contract length: 3 months
Application deadline: 2021-04-20
Expected start date: 2021-04-26
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $312.50 per week
- MDM4U Data Management: 1 year (preferred)
- MCV4U Calculus & Vectors: 1 year (preferred)
- MPM2D Principles of Mathematics: 1 year (preferred)
- online teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- Ontario College of Teachers certification (required)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings