Position: Assistant Produce Manager
Overall Mission: To assist the Produce Manager in supervising and directing the activities of the produce department to ensure achievement of goals and targets, while upholding Company principles, policies and standards.
Reports to : Produce Manager
Positions All full-time and part-time produce department employees ( in support of the
Supervised : Produce Manager
In order to fulfill your duties you are expected to:
- Help ensure that Company principles, policies and directions are followed by all employees and reflected in the day to day operation of the produce department.
- Help supervise and direct the activities of all produce department employees to ensure the successful operation of the department
- Help ensure that the overall look of the produce department (front & back including produce coolers) is always maintained to Company standards.
- Help ensure that product is handled in a manner that no unnecessary damage will result.
- Help ensure that accurate pricing of all produce items in cooperation with Produce Buyers, making sure that computer printout co-relates with signs on products.
- Help ensure that all display counters & tables are well stocked, well maintained, properly rotated and have a pleasing appearance.
- Help ensure that cleanliness is well maintained throughout the entire department (front & back) at all times.
- Help ensure timely preparation of produce, trimming and stocking consistent with Company
- Take direction from the Produce Manager and keep him informed of department activities on an on-going basis.
- Help ensure that the quality and freshness of produce is maintained throughout the department at all times.
- Assisting the Produce Manager in the maintenance of all produce equipment with Assistant Store Manager approval.
- Working cooperatively with the Produce Manager and Buyers to achieve Company goals and targets.
- Help motivating, developing and on the job training of all produce department employees.
Excellent pay & benefits.
Apply in person at
THE GARDEN BASKET
9271 Markham Road (at 16th Ave.)
Or Fax/E-mail Resume
We appreciate all responses, but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care