- Basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure for calculating material measurements and verifying specifications
- Perform general tasks related to maintenance, material handling, clean-up, basic tool and machinery operations, and other elemental activities at fabrication shops
- Transport materials and equipment manually or using powered equipment
- Assist tradespersons and other fabrication shop personnel
- Work under close supervision within well-defined procedures
- Under direct supervision, may be required to operate basic hand and power tools
- Clean work areas and equipment
- Carry out warehousing, tool crib, or janitorial duties
- Act safely, within fabrication shop rules and guidelines
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products.
- Ability to work independently when needed without direct supervision and remain on task
- Ability to communicate and work well with others, understand directions and communicate them with others, as well as understand the job tasks and instructions given.
- Physical requirement to lift 50 lbs and be able to work while kneeling, crouching, or from a ladder.
- Knowledge of power tools, general construction equipment
- Able to work in a quick turnaround production environment
- Rigging, moving, marking, and cutting steel
- Accurately measure dimensions and assure quality of work produced
- Assemble parts
- Cut and assemble hoses
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.54 per hour
- Metalworking Machine Operators: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence (required)